GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rainbow Six : Black Arrow"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rainbow Six: Black Arrow'.
Sat 04/09/04 at 20:29
Regular
Me like!

The new game modes bring the variety that the first game was totally lacking, you actually have to use team tactics this time round instead of running in like a freight train and holding the fire button down. Oh and the lean glitching fix is probably the greatest addition, no more fags lean walking round the levels.

Xbox Live 3.0 stuff is also very cool. Specially like being able to send people voice messages, mucho useful!

Overall I give this the Tiltawhirl seal of approval, should definetly keep me going until Halo 2 and all the other games come out.
Sat 11/09/04 at 19:08
Regular
"Touched!"
About time the patch was out, will get me back into it once the spawn campers are sorted out.
Sat 11/09/04 at 15:36
Regular
"8==="
Forgot this:

Sudden Death needs to be optional and the time needs to be variable.

Watching 4 people camp for an extra 5 minutes before a draw is not fun, I know Ubi intended people to feel the impulse to go out and fight with an extra 5 mins but basically a lot of people don't.
Sat 11/09/04 at 04:37
Regular
"8==="
I was hoping they'd bring in an option to give re-spawners a second/half-second immunity to take care of spawn campers.

The fixed ELO is interesting and people are starting to kick the stat glitchers immediately on sight. Personally I don't think Ubi need to wipe the stats this time just make a patch that only allows those with reasonable stats to play in clan matches, that'll teach 'em. ;)

Unfortunately the stat system still doesn't reward you for playing as a team (unlike CS) you don't get anything for a team win you only get individual kills scored as usual. Evil as it is just going about shooting people in Retrieval/TC is really good fun if you're bored. :D

The new modes definately do make teams work togeather properly but only clan members will see any permnent scores from playing Retrieval/TC which is pretty lame.

Had a 2 on 1 match a few days ago against 2 spawn campers as soon as they started camping my spawn, I just didn't respawn and went off to get some food then eating it as the round went to the end of sudden death with some very confused looking spawn campers getting 0 cheating kills but giving me a good laugh instead.
Sat 11/09/04 at 02:23
Regular
well that's ok then.

*douses flaming torch*

EDIT : Jesus, reading the 'issues with Black Arrow' thread on the official site, it's a glitch/bug ridden mess. the techies have their work cut out.
Sat 11/09/04 at 02:20
Regular
Patch coming soon to fix spawn camping and a load of other smaller problems with the game.

Total conquest on the cafe level is simply excellent, definetly my favourite game mode. It plays like I always thought a Rainbow Six 3 game should, none of that team survival nonsense anymore. You can have really intense fire fights in total conquest trying to win back the satellites which is what the first game was totally lacking, real team work and shiznit.
Sat 11/09/04 at 02:10
Regular
Ok, now I've had a proper play of it, I'd like to give my opinion on it, whether you want it or not.

I love it for the most part, Total Conquest and Retrieval are two excellent game types. No more mincing about listening to Retard number 1 discuss retardedness with Retard number 2 while I wait for everyone to kill each other.

But what is 100% gay as carrots :

A) Spawn killers - sad little depraved losers. I admit I have killed a few people in their spawns when I was trying to protect someone who had the canister, but they were always running towards me and I never shot anyone who just appeared. I caught some slow witted buffoon kneeling on the floor in the corner of our spawn one match, unfortunately for him, he'd chosen that moment to reload his PSG1, just as I was appearing. Somehow seeing his corpse slump to the floor was particularly satisfying.

B) Colour Glitch - 3 times now I've been playing on one team, but when the game started, I was wearing the opposite teams colours. The apparel was reversed. This made it very confusing when someone opens a door in front of you and you hesitate for a second, wondering if they are friend or foe. What makes it even worse, is that when you take over a satellite dish, it changes to the colour of the team you are on. So there you are, the red team, in green overalls, changing satellite dishes to red. It's enough to make your brain bleed. I switched off my xbox to make sure it wasn't a one off, but nope.

These gripes aside, they are excellent game modes, and work so well. You can have some incredibly close matches on TC, which I think is my new favourite mode.
Fri 10/09/04 at 02:33
Regular
Well I have had a few hours on it. Played through a fair few levels on one player to get a feel for some of the maps. Then played team survival for a bit.

It's pretty much the same game, which isn't a bad thing.

I left creepys SR squad as I wanted to create my own (thanks for the invite though). It's a shame you can't be a member of more than one squad.

I'm not sure if it makes the game any better, unless you play it every single day, which I don't.

The new maps are pretty damn good from what I've seen so far, although I'll need to spend a lot more time on it to get used to them.

Had a butchers at that competition thing, looks interesting, I suppose that's just for squads to play against each other is it?

On the whole well worth 20 nicker.
Thu 09/09/04 at 22:39
Regular
Total Conquest has made me love the game again. So much more intresting than Team Survival and there's none of that waiting around nonsense when you die.

Think Burnout 3 will keep me away from Black Arrow this weekend though.
Thu 09/09/04 at 22:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bored of it now.

It's fine......but it's really just more of the same.
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:18
Regular
Picked up a copy of this today, so should be about for a blast after work tonight. Not sure why it's taken me so long to get hold of it.

Oh, that's right, I've been financially embarrassed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.