GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict Vietnam – Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Vietnam'.
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:20
"Majestic"
I picked up this game today and I must say I am impressed. This is the first game in the Conflict series I have played - more fool me I say.

I haven’t played it very long, and I’m still at the boot camp learning the basics - but there seems to be plenty of side missions to complete if you desire. Like deliver this bottle of whisky to the sergeant - or if you’re passing a bunker you may be asked to help defend it.

There are plenty of nice touches here - the music that runs in the background is authentic - and if you desire you can have your own music running in the background, with the custom soundtrack feature. Nice graphics and superb voice acting so far - with a nice jungle feel to it. I won't be playing it again tonight; but from the 20 minutes I’ve played I’m very impressed. If you have any questions I’ll do my best to answer them, but don't make referrals to the other conflicts because i wouldn’t have a clue. Buy it now! That’s an order.
Mon 06/09/04 at 21:21
"Was the man of marz"
Conflict: Desert Storm II, was great in my view. Havn't played the latest but it looks alrite
Sun 05/09/04 at 20:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Desert >>> Jungle
Sun 05/09/04 at 18:57
Regular
Like Cyclone said, I've read some pretty poor reviews. I was pretty suprised really, everyone seemed to love the first 2. Wonder what's gone wrong.
Sun 05/09/04 at 17:59
Regular
"hulagadoo"
«Grëén ƒérð¢it¥» wrote:
> Even if this was a good game, I'd still get burnout 3. You hardly ever
> seem to get your monies worth with an fps. You just play it, do it in
> a weekend and then shove it on the shelf along with others such
> titles. The only fps I have been truly satisfied with, for longeivity
> were xiii, halo and return to castle wolfenstein. But with a racing
> game it lasts ages. I completed pgr2 just yeasterday, having played
> it for about 40 hours. Averge fps time is about 15 hours.

FPS?????????????? TPS- Third Person Shooter just like all the other conflicts.
Sun 05/09/04 at 13:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Vietnam didn't seem anywhere near as good as the previous games. The jungle didn't allow for any real tactical manouvres, and while this may be realistic, it certainly didn't seem fun. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got from watching people play it yesterday.
Sun 05/09/04 at 11:34
"Majestic"
The First Mission
*Possible Spoilers*

In this mission you have to take your men down through a swamp river. To your left hand side is a wall - but to your right is a jungle that you can explorer and travel though if you wish. It isn’t that confined - certainly not to a corridor.

Lots of fun in the first mission too - with the sniper.
Sun 05/09/04 at 11:31
"Majestic"
I suppose; but with the pace i go through games it should take me a while.
Sun 05/09/04 at 07:28
Regular
Even if this was a good game, I'd still get burnout 3. You hardly ever seem to get your monies worth with an fps. You just play it, do it in a weekend and then shove it on the shelf along with others such titles. The only fps I have been truly satisfied with, for longeivity were xiii, halo and return to castle wolfenstein. But with a racing game it lasts ages. I completed pgr2 just yeasterday, having played it for about 40 hours. Averge fps time is about 15 hours.
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Actually that mission started in the day time, though if you were quick enough you could do it before the sun goes down. I loved it mowing down wave after wave of Irqi troops whil my friend blows up a plane.

Gene-Yussss.
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:37
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
>
> We had to storm an airfield. It was absoloutely brilliant.

In the night too.

DiscoDexy wrote:

Like deliver this bottle of whisky to the
> sergeant - or if you’re passing a bunker you may be asked to help
> defend it.

Defend a bottle of whisky? Now that's a good idea.

A few hours into the missions you'll realise the tight, compact corridor-like levels (albeit in a jungle) will be one too many. Though if you haven't played theDesert series then you won't know the freedom you're missing in gameplay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.