GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online Webcam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/12/06 at 12:36
Regular
Okay my task for today is to set up a webcam on my website. Anyone done that before?

I have my webcam installed and running. Now I just need to find some software to FTP the images to my website.

I'll blog my progress in this thread so others can try it themselves =) I mentioned before about a friend of mine who set up a site with live feed on his chickens. =)
Mon 25/12/06 at 00:10
Regular
cheers for that - might give that a miss then.

MERRY XMAS EVERY ONE<
Sun 24/12/06 at 14:13
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Digitrader wrote:
> Ok so I have the webcam working....A Challenge as I read that
> there are a few other now using webcams to good effect now, hwo
> would you send sound alomg with the video? can it be done?

Well, all that happens at the moment is that your prog takes a snapshot of your webcam, saves it as a jpeg and ftps it to your webspace. So its not really video. Depends what you want to do really. Theres plenty of progs around that'll record your webcam and save them as avi/wmv which you could upload. Live video streaming (with or without sound) requires dedicated server software though and something your average webhost wont support.
Sat 23/12/06 at 20:44
Regular
Ok so I have the webcam working....A Challenge as I read that there are a few other now using webcams to good effect now, hwo would you send sound alomg with the video? can it be done?

Kev
Wed 20/12/06 at 20:26
Regular
Machie! a never like to be beaten by technology tonight I have cracked it Webcam working at last and can be viewed here
Link to Webcam

Thanks for all you help and patience it was much appreciated.

Kev :-)
Sun 17/12/06 at 22:40
Regular
Hopefully we'll get it working tomorrow Digitrader =) it should be simple, it's just we need to know the right host address.
Sun 17/12/06 at 21:31
Regular
Yep pressed RUN even went to the home page from where the software was made and its still no uploading Grrrrr its a shame as I can see the camera working its just not uploading via the FTP it will be something really simple but its late and I have had a long day fresh eyes will look at it tomorrow morning.

Kev
Sun 17/12/06 at 20:55
Regular
Did you remember to press "Run" to get it going? :)

Can you check to see if it did upload the webcam.jpg file? If it hasnt then I guess the program isnt uploading the image like it should. So that's where we need to make sure the ftp address it correct, the username and password is correct and the file path. My file path is public_html/webcam.jpg so I guess putting the URL in there is wrong.

Maybe it should be just /webcam.jpg
Sun 17/12/06 at 20:43
Regular
Yep am online via a Freeola connection - through a hub but online via broadband

cjh wrote:
> FYI: You have to be online via a Freeola connection to FTP to
> Freeola web space, either via their dial-up or broadband
> services.
Sun 17/12/06 at 20:41
Regular
Naw you made that look way to easy I have altered the host address to
ftp://www.mydomain.net/htdocs

destination is

http://www.mydomain.net/webcam.jpg

image being saved as webcam.jpg

created a page www.mydomain.net/webcam.html

code on page looking for alt="My webcam"/>

and still its no wurking Arrgh ;-)
Sun 17/12/06 at 20:25
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
FYI: You have to be online via a Freeola connection to FTP to Freeola web space, either via their dial-up or broadband services.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.