GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Monkey Ball"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball'.
Tue 07/09/04 at 21:26
Regular
I have just been informed by someone on MSN that Super Monkey Ball is coming to Xbox in a deluxe pack.

Quite frankly I wont be purchasing it as I already have 1 & 2 on GameCube.

However, am curious to know if it is true, or just a rumour.
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> I will go back to them as they're good fun. But they're not the kind
> of game that lasts hours upon hours.

They are if you want to beat the single player to the max.
Wed 08/09/04 at 21:51
Regular
I haven't played Super Monkey Ball or SMB 2 for around a year now.

I will go back to them as they're good fun. But they're not the kind of game that lasts hours upon hours.
Wed 08/09/04 at 19:11
Regular
To be honest I always thought SMB was a bit crap really.

But I've changed my mind since we all started playing it at 4am at my birthday, don't bother unless you're going to be playing it with friends quite often.
Wed 08/09/04 at 15:54
Regular
"8==="
Live modes would rule but that'd be the only reason I'd get it again.
Wed 08/09/04 at 12:22
Regular
Super Monkey Ball: Deluxe... if E3 knowledge is correct... appeared on the SEGA release schedule then promptly dissapeared. Rumours began with "sources" claiming it was a collaboration of the first 2 Gamecube games for the PS2 and Gamecube.

Whilst Nintendo owners get Super Monkey Ball 3.

But much like the whole Rogue Squadron thing... the entire idea of it has seemingly dissapeared.
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Not surprised - more money. Milked it for Cube, then pop it on the other two.
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:34
Regular
It's kind of sad that Nintendo are losing yet another brilliant franchise, but I suppose it's good news in the end. More possibilities for the series (Live :-D).
Wed 08/09/04 at 07:43
Regular
"SUPER MONKEY BALL DELUXE SWINGS ON PS2 AND XBOX

What's that Cheetah? PS2 and Xbox versions you say? Ook...

16:16 Super Monkey Ball, Sega's cute GameCube action puzzler which not only had us going nuts but also drove us completely bananas [one more and you're fired - Ed], is not only heading to Xbox but is also set to debut on the PS2, we can exclusively reveal.
Going under the moniker of Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, the game is apparently set to feature over 300 levels drawn from Balls one and two, as well as 46 completely brand new levels.

There's talk of a new challenge mode which combines the three difficulty levels of the first two games and a story mode which is enhanced by 12 party games, however support for Xbox Live won't be included in that version of the game.

Our enquires were met with a strict "no comment" from a Sega spokesperson, but another reputable source, ie. a cheeky little monkey in the know, told us that both PS2 and Xbox versions will be confirmed soon.

Expect Super Monkey Ball Deluxe to swing into action on both PS2 and Xbox shortly."

Source: CVG.com
Wed 08/09/04 at 07:09
Regular
This is good news - if it's true.

Aren't Sega also bringing the Sonic Mega collection to Xbox too?
Wed 08/09/04 at 01:03
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Sega appear to be sidelined by other projects, but a SMBDX-pack sounds good!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.