GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got Any Gaming Ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/09/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Post them here.

I have an idea of a new fighting system that could be used in melle weapon based games. Once you engage in a fight four of the buttons give you different slash/stab types and the analougue stick points the sword axe or club toward to an opponant. Im not talking about engaging this in a 1 on 2 fight, im tlaking about fighting leigeons of men slashing away.

Just visualise it, I think its pretty good.
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Post them here.

I have an idea of a new fighting system that could be used in melle weapon based games. Once you engage in a fight four of the buttons give you different slash/stab types and the analougue stick points the sword axe or club toward to an opponant. Im not talking about engaging this in a 1 on 2 fight, im tlaking about fighting leigeons of men slashing away.

Just visualise it, I think its pretty good.
Thu 09/09/04 at 01:19
Regular
They should combine the games Grand Theft Auto, Max Payne and Carmageddon. This would be the ultimate morally bankrupt game where you can cause unbelievable amounts of death and destruction in hundreds of beautiful ways. You could also replay it all in glorious high resolution, from any number of angles.

The Daily Mail would be leading angry mobs through the streets, dragging the game producers out of their cars and kicking them half to death, in an effort to 'protect' their children from violence.

I might have a vivid imagination, but that's exactly how it would happen.
Thu 09/09/04 at 04:02
Regular
"8==="
You stole my GTA+Max Payne combo :P

I know I told you on MSN/Live. :P :P
Thu 09/09/04 at 04:11
Regular
"8==="
Re-release old live games that didn't have statistics at a budget price and with statistics:

Whacked
SOF2

actually that's about it.

If it's going online on the PC then get it online on the Xbox too (Phantom Crash I'm looking at you).

Also better Mech fighting games with more strategy, more complex and more destructible environments, perhaps involving players controlling other vehicles such as planes and tanks or even out on foot (I think Mech Assault 2's getting near to this).
Sat 11/09/04 at 15:42
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
A FPS with a difference.

You take control of a secret military force known as 'TBK' (The Brave Knights). You switch between characters throughout missions whilst other characters are controlled by the computer.

The story begins when a group of terrorists broadcasts a message over every television channel. A young boy is on his knees blindfolded and has been beaten up badly Cuts and bruises covered his body. He looks into the camera with helpless eyes. A gun barrel points to his head. The boy is executed in front of billions of people. A member of the terrorists walks into view. If there demands are not met within 12 hours another child will be killed on live television. TBK are called in to take out the terrorist threat.

Whilst you are on the ship all the members of TBK are captured, apart from Phil. Phil is the only one who can save the children. He is out numbered and is forced to fall back. Phil gets back to land by using an escape boat on the deck of the ship. He plans to get the captured members of TBK back, so as to carry on with their mission and free the children from the terrorists.

There are five members of TBK. Each member has their own unique combat skills and performs better in some skills than others.

Phil Hunnes

The newest member of TBK. He has had no real experience on the battlefield, but has a fantastic ability to wield light weaponry superbly. Because of his outstanding talent he was promoted to TBK.

Jack Webber

Quiet a lively character who served during the first Gulf War. Jack now specializes in hand-to-hand combat.

Frank Thomson

A huge strong muscular man with dark skin and can carry heavy weaponry, such as miniguns and rocket launchers with relative ease. He also served in the first Gulf War along with Jack and have been friends ever since.

Jade Whitly

She joined up with the TBK to get revenge on the brother, who killed her parents when she was only seven years old. Jade's brother Scott joined up with the terrorist group ‘Free Will.' Jade has the unique ability to wield knives with exceptional control.

Capt Catalina Jones

The Captain of TBK and a brilliant solider. She has a number of great talents, but her best by far is her Sniping skills. Phil has feelings towards her, but does she feel the same way?

During the game there is nothing on screen apart from what you see. No health or ammo bars. This may sound strange, but the way this works is really cool and realistic. When you loss health, your vision will become slightly blurry from loss of blood, which will splatter on walls, nearby objects and on coming enemies. You can use bandages to stop blood gushing from your wounds, which would make your eye sight less blurry and health kits to regain your health. If you are nearing death then your eye sight will start to turn red, but not too red to see what you’re doing.

To check how much ammo you have left you can pull out your ammo from your gun to check how many bullets you have left. For ammo which is not in your gun, simply look down at your ammo belt around your waste to see packs of ammunition for each gun you have.
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:45
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> You stole my GTA+Max Payne combo :P
>
> I know I told you on MSN/Live. :P :P

*evil laugh*

*jumps in car, wheelspins off and drives to patent office*
Tue 21/09/04 at 02:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'd like to see an online Predator game for the XBox. You could get together with other players in the lobby and when you launch the game you start onboard the ship where you can grab what weapons you want to take down to a planet surface with you (various planets, not just Earth) and hunt various species, collecting trophies which are recorded down in some form of profile so that other players can see what you've achieved.
Maybe the trophies could be set out in some form of display and when you launch the game onto the ship, it shows the trophy displays of all the players on that ship.
Downloads could include new planets and new species to hunt. Of course there should be plenty of customisation in terms of the look of your Predator.

Overall I think I'd like some form of online hunting game where you can collect trophies and play alongside other people. I thought of the Predator because it opens up some cool possibilities, not to mention access to using the excellent weapons.

Have plenty of ideas for games, just a bit late to go through more of them.
Tue 21/09/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
I like your idea atomic halo however given the number of people killed on live tv (even if its not every tv) by terrorists in iraq is high enough as it is. If it was something like a class of children who were kidnapped then maybe (see russia and the effect that had on the world)

Youve obviously thought about this a lot and your ideas are up to date with current technology. You should propose your idea to reknowned developers of FPS games like raven shield or ....whoever made halo..I dunno. mafia, or..um. gta3 those...people. yah.
Tue 21/09/04 at 15:32
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
Savatt78 wrote:
> I'd like to see an online Predator game for the XBox. You could get
> together with other players in the lobby and when you launch the game
> you start onboard the ship where you can grab what weapons you want
> to take down to a planet surface with you (various planets, not just
> Earth) and hunt various species, collecting trophies which are
> recorded down in some form of profile so that other players can see
> what you've achieved.
> Maybe the trophies could be set out in some form of display and when
> you launch the game onto the ship, it shows the trophy displays of
> all the players on that ship.
> Downloads could include new planets and new species to hunt. Of
> course there should be plenty of customisation in terms of the look
> of your Predator.
>
> Overall I think I'd like some form of online hunting game where you
> can collect trophies and play alongside other people. I thought of
> the Predator because it opens up some cool possibilities, not to
> mention access to using the excellent weapons.
>
> Have plenty of ideas for games, just a bit late to go through more of
> them.

I would LOVE to see a game where you hunt HUMANS and you get better weapons the better trophy you bring back, i.e. child, a chopstick, commando, laser guided plasma burst thingey, president, compound deatomizer
Fri 24/09/04 at 08:49
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
oooo... a hunting game... that would be cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.