GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Battlefront"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Thu 09/09/04 at 20:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Played this at that Game Stars show and its the nuts ! Anyone else on here picking this up ? Anyone whose been waiting to catch me on Live - thats where I'll be for awhile once the game is released. ;-)

Oh and Cyclone - gonna need your gamertag again, accidentally deleted a few names I wanted to keep when I was having a friends list clean up. I know I have Spikecast again cause I just accepted the request he sent again.

Anyone who wants to add me - its English Redneck.
Looking forward to getting back into the Hoth battle. ;-)
Sat 11/09/04 at 14:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'll be grabbing the silver box set. Then its into the DVD player with the surround sound so loud that I can't hear my Dad kicking the door in, screaming to turn it down. ;-)
Sat 11/09/04 at 12:53
Regular
"BOSE"
Sounds like a MUSt for me! thanks man. I love Star Wars too. Getting gold box set in...10 days! :-)
Sat 11/09/04 at 01:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I played it on my own and enjoyed it. But then I love Star Wars and I really enjoy games with open battlefields. If you haven't got XBox Live, then you can still play split screen - both on the same team or as opposing forces.

You don't get one life or anything - you keep respawning as a choice of trooper you pick until the battle is won by either side. :-)

Definatly one of the best, if not THE best Star Wars game I've played.
Sat 11/09/04 at 00:51
Regular
"BOSE"
Is this gonna be cool as a single player game too?
Sat 11/09/04 at 00:16
Are there promo copies of Star Wars available?
I've met people online who've said they've got them and have been playing online with a few other lucky ones! Any truth in this???
Fri 10/09/04 at 18:36
Regular
"ProGolfer"
So whats so good about this game, why should i buy it?
Thu 09/09/04 at 23:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm not sure if you can be stormtroopers fighting gungans. From what I saw, you have the 2 seperate time periods. By the looks of it, you can fight on all the planets during the clone wars period, or, during the Imperial/Rebel conflict.

What planet you fight on and which time period tends to vary the units you have access to. For example, if you fight on Naboo during the clone war period, you'll fight either as the droid army, or a combination of goods guys which includes the gungans.

If you fight on Endor in the later war, the good guys will have the Ewoks to select. Of course which vehicles you have access to varies too. On Endor you'll be able to drive AT-STs and Speeder Bikes. On Bespin, you'll get to use Cloud Cars. ;-)

Basically, anything you know from key battles, is in the game and available for you to pilot. Star Wars fans MUST get this game. The battlefields are free roaming and the way you win is to take all the command points accross the map.
Your map will show generally where the main fights are going on so you can make your way over and assist your forces.

This will be great online and you also have a splitscreen mode too for co-op with your friends that aren't online. As for planets, these are the ones I remember that are in the game...
Hoth
Endor
Naboo
Kamino
Bespin
Geonosis
Tatooine
Yavin 4 (I think)

Everything is the size it should be, so it can be an awesome moment to be running alongside an ATAT - and pretty intimidating to be defending against them. Of course there are Snowspeeders to help take down the walkers, but you might need a little practise using them.

One thing I didn't try out, but know its in the game - are the TIE fighters. :-) And Geonosis is really cool to play too. When you play that level for the first time, look at the sky and you'll see the large Republic ships flying around - excellent stuff to add atmosphere. :-)

I went to that Game Stars show twice. I must have spent around 7 - 8 solid hours on this game alone !
I have enlisted into the Stormtroopers though (they were there at the show) - so I arrive for duty on September 24th. :-)
Got my pic taken with a Stormtrooper and everything ! ;-)
Thu 09/09/04 at 22:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'd love to be an Imperial Stormtrooper mashing up some Gungans.....
Thu 09/09/04 at 22:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cool, i'll have to have a closer look at this.
Thu 09/09/04 at 22:48
Regular
It's Battlefield 1942 with Ewoks and X-Wings.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.