GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation 2 - Will my PSOne bits work?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/01 at 14:57
Regular
Hi folks,

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I have to ask anyway.

I have a G-Con Light Gun and a Mad catz Steering Wheel (official Sony) for my original PlayStation.

I understand you can play original PlayStation games on the PS 2, but what I want to know is, will my steering wheel and light gun work on these games, if played on the PS 2?

So if I put my old Gran Turismo 2 disk into a PlayStation 2 and plug in my steering wheel, will it work?

I'm not fused about it working with PS 2 games - but I would be a bit annoyed if it didn't work with my original PlayStation games!
Sat 16/06/01 at 21:11
Well folks, I am the proud owner of a PS 2, as both my steering wheel and light gun worked - well played Sony!
Sat 16/06/01 at 08:01
Regular
my friends multi tap works in my PS2 he came round with it i told him it wouldnt work but i tried and it did
Fri 15/06/01 at 17:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
everything works except for the PS1 multitap and anything that plugs into the old back socket which isn't there .
but yeah everything works fine.
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:49
I am actually very lucky as I have quite a large Special Reserve shop five minutes walk from my house!

I will post my results here
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
SteveyboyUK wrote:
> Do you guys think the folks at Special Reserve would let me try my steering wheel out on a PS 2, just to double-check?

Why don't you just take it in to any shop, unless your lucky and have an SR shop near you!

Electronic Boutique or Game would probably help you out.

Let us know how you get on.
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:46
Do you guys think the folks at Special Reserve would let me try my steering wheel out on a PS 2, just to double-check?
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:38
Thanks Jive. I didn't know that, but I don't have one anyway. I'm just pleased that what I DO have will work!!

And £130 seems bit steep for a steering wheel....
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:32
Regular
It does work on PSOne games but not PS2 games, no??
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:31
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I'm gonna have to check out a demo of this steering wheel before I buy one.

SteveyBoy - one thing that I will mention about peripherals going from PSx to PS2 is that the multitap for the PSx will not work, just incase you didn't know this.....if you did then opps! :)
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:27
Regular
Nope

But it's proper Force Feedback!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.