GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will GC Zelda be like..?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/01 at 13:03
Regular
It's likely that we'll know a few more details about this game following Spaceworld 2001, as Shigeru Myamoto hinted that it would be on show when quizzed about it's E3 absence.

However, I doubt they'll give too much away, unless it's closer to completion that we could possibly imagine. Nintendo traditionally stay rather tight lipped about their products until closer to the launch, and as we're not likey to see this game until the tail end of 2002 at the earliest, I imagine all we'll see will be teaser videos.

So what can we expect? The video from Spaceworld 200 clearly shows Link taking on Ganondorf. Now unless this was simply a video created to show what the Gamecube can do, we can assume that the game will be set in Hyrule. If we're back to Hyrule you can bet that Zelda will be involved too!

As the most recent Zelda games have all built on previous items or themes it's quite possible that Zelda Cube could feature something we have already seen.

Sorry, that's rather confusing. In Links Awakening Link first used the Ocarina. It was only a small part of the game though. The next Zelda game, Ocarina of Time used the Ocarina heavily in gameplay. Masks were also inroduced for the first time, but where not a large feature of the game. Next, along came Majoras Mask, using masks heavily in the gameplay. So will the Zelda Cube game take it on from here?

Alternatively, as there are 2 new Zelda games coming to the GBC soon (they've already been released in America), the next Zelda game, te GAMEUBE one, may take a feature from these games and expand upon that. These Gameboy adventures are known as the Oracle series, one regarding the Oracle of Ages, the other regarding the Oracle of Seasons.

As Link already did the time travel thing in Ocarina of Time (from childhood to adult) and in Majoras Mask (72 hours repeated) it might not be persued any further. Seasons, however, have not been explored on console (as opposed to handheld) level, and might be explored in greater depth.

Another though, A Link to the Past on the SNES also featured an 'alternate' world. This is another theme that could be used again, maybe in a number of alternate realities.

Whatever route that Nintendo take with Zelda it's sure to be a huge game. We're bound to see the return of certain characters, such as Gorons, Dekus and Zoras, and there's also bound some extraordinary puzzles and dungeons. And though we don't yet know what it is, there's bound to be a special ingredient that makes it what it is, some magic feature that sets it apart from similar games. that's the magic of Zelda, each game has it's own special features, and develops wonderfully into the next adventure.
Tue 19/06/01 at 22:50
Regular
i it looks that good, then surly it cant taste that bad hey?
Tue 19/06/01 at 22:46
Regular
You're planning on eating it???
Tue 19/06/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
Edgy wrote:
> Most Gamecube footage is ingame graphics!

Nintendo don't use
> FMV, they use ingame footage for their cut sequences!

It HAS to be ingame footage because Shigeru is hardly likely to let the player WATCH Link fight Gannondorf, is he??? The best thing is that when Ocarina of Time was shown, the finished result looked ten time better. Imagine the finished graphics of Zelda GC. My mouth waters at the prospect...
Sat 16/06/01 at 19:05
I think more of the classic Zelda is needed, and perhaps some sword fighting real like. Not just waving a sword about lets get some realism in to it.
Sat 16/06/01 at 13:10
Regular
Most Gamecube footage is ingame graphics!

Nintendo don't use FMV, they use ingame footage for their cut sequences!

Doesn't stop 3rd Parties usign FMV though.

Shiguru Miyamoto said he can do everything he originally wanted to do on a Zelda Game for the Gamecube so maybe it'll follow the original and we'll be fighting to get both pieces of the Triforce: The Triforce of Power ad the Triforce of Wisdom!
Fri 15/06/01 at 21:45
Regular
"You've upset me"
MWAH HA HA HA, I chose Zelda GC for one of my GAD wins :-DDDDD
Fri 15/06/01 at 19:26
Regular
i heard that apparently the zelda footage from spaceworld 200 of link and ganondorf fighting is actual in-game footage. Pritty amazing hey? i hope spaceworld 2001 is just as amazing.
Fri 15/06/01 at 15:28
So where is this Zelda game going to fit in with the rest?

We know that it runs along the lines of Oot, Majoras, Link to Past, Zelda 1, adventures of Link, with the Gameboy game running inside Zelda 2, when Link crosses the ocean.

I'm not sure about these Gameboy games. I think they come after Zelda 2.

But anyway... Ganondorf dies in Zelda 2... So if Gannondorf is going to be in it, where will it take place?

I'm guessing after the Snes one, but before Zelda one.
Fri 15/06/01 at 13:03
Regular
"not dead"
It's likely that we'll know a few more details about this game following Spaceworld 2001, as Shigeru Myamoto hinted that it would be on show when quizzed about it's E3 absence.

However, I doubt they'll give too much away, unless it's closer to completion that we could possibly imagine. Nintendo traditionally stay rather tight lipped about their products until closer to the launch, and as we're not likey to see this game until the tail end of 2002 at the earliest, I imagine all we'll see will be teaser videos.

So what can we expect? The video from Spaceworld 200 clearly shows Link taking on Ganondorf. Now unless this was simply a video created to show what the Gamecube can do, we can assume that the game will be set in Hyrule. If we're back to Hyrule you can bet that Zelda will be involved too!

As the most recent Zelda games have all built on previous items or themes it's quite possible that Zelda Cube could feature something we have already seen.

Sorry, that's rather confusing. In Links Awakening Link first used the Ocarina. It was only a small part of the game though. The next Zelda game, Ocarina of Time used the Ocarina heavily in gameplay. Masks were also inroduced for the first time, but where not a large feature of the game. Next, along came Majoras Mask, using masks heavily in the gameplay. So will the Zelda Cube game take it on from here?

Alternatively, as there are 2 new Zelda games coming to the GBC soon (they've already been released in America), the next Zelda game, te GAMEUBE one, may take a feature from these games and expand upon that. These Gameboy adventures are known as the Oracle series, one regarding the Oracle of Ages, the other regarding the Oracle of Seasons.

As Link already did the time travel thing in Ocarina of Time (from childhood to adult) and in Majoras Mask (72 hours repeated) it might not be persued any further. Seasons, however, have not been explored on console (as opposed to handheld) level, and might be explored in greater depth.

Another though, A Link to the Past on the SNES also featured an 'alternate' world. This is another theme that could be used again, maybe in a number of alternate realities.

Whatever route that Nintendo take with Zelda it's sure to be a huge game. We're bound to see the return of certain characters, such as Gorons, Dekus and Zoras, and there's also bound some extraordinary puzzles and dungeons. And though we don't yet know what it is, there's bound to be a special ingredient that makes it what it is, some magic feature that sets it apart from similar games. that's the magic of Zelda, each game has it's own special features, and develops wonderfully into the next adventure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.