GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will GC Zelda be like..?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/01 at 13:03
Regular
It's likely that we'll know a few more details about this game following Spaceworld 2001, as Shigeru Myamoto hinted that it would be on show when quizzed about it's E3 absence.

However, I doubt they'll give too much away, unless it's closer to completion that we could possibly imagine. Nintendo traditionally stay rather tight lipped about their products until closer to the launch, and as we're not likey to see this game until the tail end of 2002 at the earliest, I imagine all we'll see will be teaser videos.

So what can we expect? The video from Spaceworld 200 clearly shows Link taking on Ganondorf. Now unless this was simply a video created to show what the Gamecube can do, we can assume that the game will be set in Hyrule. If we're back to Hyrule you can bet that Zelda will be involved too!

As the most recent Zelda games have all built on previous items or themes it's quite possible that Zelda Cube could feature something we have already seen.

Sorry, that's rather confusing. In Links Awakening Link first used the Ocarina. It was only a small part of the game though. The next Zelda game, Ocarina of Time used the Ocarina heavily in gameplay. Masks were also inroduced for the first time, but where not a large feature of the game. Next, along came Majoras Mask, using masks heavily in the gameplay. So will the Zelda Cube game take it on from here?

Alternatively, as there are 2 new Zelda games coming to the GBC soon (they've already been released in America), the next Zelda game, te GAMEUBE one, may take a feature from these games and expand upon that. These Gameboy adventures are known as the Oracle series, one regarding the Oracle of Ages, the other regarding the Oracle of Seasons.

As Link already did the time travel thing in Ocarina of Time (from childhood to adult) and in Majoras Mask (72 hours repeated) it might not be persued any further. Seasons, however, have not been explored on console (as opposed to handheld) level, and might be explored in greater depth.

Another though, A Link to the Past on the SNES also featured an 'alternate' world. This is another theme that could be used again, maybe in a number of alternate realities.

Whatever route that Nintendo take with Zelda it's sure to be a huge game. We're bound to see the return of certain characters, such as Gorons, Dekus and Zoras, and there's also bound some extraordinary puzzles and dungeons. And though we don't yet know what it is, there's bound to be a special ingredient that makes it what it is, some magic feature that sets it apart from similar games. that's the magic of Zelda, each game has it's own special features, and develops wonderfully into the next adventure.
Thu 21/06/01 at 18:51
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Dammit no new info on zelda GC unveiled at the last big games event.
maybe the next one

while were on the subject of Majora's Mask after I completed it I was wondering about something. The game is called the legend of zelda.... but was princess Zelda actually in it?
thanks
Thu 21/06/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
That's right Ortega, everyone does have their own taste and mine is that Zelda GC will displace Zelda: TOOT as the best videogame ever made. Majoras Mask was a big disappointment for me. It wasn't that it was poor, it's just that it was poor by a Zelda games standards. Oh well, Shigsy's back for Zelda GC which means it's not possible to be disappointed.
Wed 20/06/01 at 16:35
Regular
I'm not dissing it, simply giving my opinion, i'm not buying Dark Cloud either on the basis it looks too much like Zelda for my liking, because it was bland!!
Wed 20/06/01 at 16:18
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was THE GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME. PERIOD. It won FOUR BAFTA's, it sold out the second it arrived in the shops and was probably Britain's most anticipated game ever!!! I bought it two years ago and i STILL want to go back and play it again, despite having Majora's Mask. If people are going to diss the world's greatest RPG epic, they should go to another forum!!! NOW!
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:28
Regular
Zelda OOT a landmark, why?? I followed the same general pattern as every other Zelda, run into dungeon find the item so you can complete the next dungeon and kill the boss!! In my view the best game ever is still half-life, the first truely story based FPS, and but was it amazing. However I have never played an RPG as good as Final Fantasy VII.
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:25
Regular
people have different tastes, that is true(i dont like MGS, i'm not just saying that because you said you dont like zelda, i own MGS). But end of the day Zelda:OOT was a landmark in video gaming. Any multi-format magazine rates OOT as being the Best game of all time.
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:22
Regular
To be fair if someone had a reason to diss MGS then I would talk it through with them, I did complete OOT and found it to be one of the most stale gaming experiences I have ever had. I certainly doesn't come close to FFVII which I played a couple of months ago, Aeris death scene it that really pulls the heart strings!!!
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:19
Regular
please dont come in here and diss the king of all games. you wouldnt like it if someone came into your sony forum and started dissing MGS etc..
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:15
Regular
If it is anywhere near as boring as OOT, then it is Skank!!!
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:06
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
Zelda GC will be the Caviar of Computer Games. It's gonna be The best of the best of the best.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.