GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help the earth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/11/09 at 17:15
I want to talk about saveing the Earth!People these days don't realize what they are doing to the Earth.For example,people are idoleing,polluting the air with deadly gasses,throwing trash on the ground ,and dumping trash in the ocean wich destroys many sea animals lives.......so please be careing and recycle.
Mon 09/11/09 at 10:35
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Nice to be back and to see you again DL

That's going to be my phrase of the day. I'll see how many gnat's jiffies I can say throughout the course of the day, before someone notices, or I get fired
Mon 09/11/09 at 09:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Good morning HM, nice to 'see' you.

Really like the phrase - 'gnat's jiffy' .... ha ha.
Mon 09/11/09 at 09:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Save the planet all you want...21/12/2012 is nearly here and it won't matter a gnat's jiffy.

No idea what a gnat's jiffy is, but it won't matter one at all

All exciting stuff really. And it will be global warming solved :)
Shame we won't see the aftermath

*gnat's jiffy lol
Sat 07/11/09 at 22:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
skipper eat hoagies wrote:
> I want to talk about saveing the Earth!People these days don't
> realize what they are doing to the Earth.For example,people are
> idoleing,polluting the air with deadly gasses,throwing trash on
> the ground ,and dumping trash in the ocean wich destroys many sea
> animals lives.......so please be careing and recycle.

One wonders where the original 'poster' has gone.....post a question and then disappear...........

Using Freeola's free 'email accounts', sign up...post a post.. email verified....do what you want, where ever..you're valid.

Or not?
Sat 07/11/09 at 21:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Kaepora Gaebora wrote:

Conversely, poor
> countries won't be able to afford rising fuel and food costs, and
> the majority of climate change will occur in Africa and Asia...
> the non developed areas. We've already seen the rising sea levels
> in SE Asia, and the prolonged draughts leading to lack of food
> production.

Try another tack KG, had this years ago .... always the 'developing countries' - millions poured in - but what has changed? Whose pocket has the 'gullible West' feed now? And don't even mention 'immigration'!

You don't appear to be old enough to realise that 'climate change' has happened here too!

Besides, you're on a broadband connection, good provider, quick connection, no real problems, access when you want - have you got a 'wind farm' running your connection, servers require an awful lot of 'trickery' and do produce an awful lot of heat, you know!
Sat 07/11/09 at 21:34
Regular
I once did a raindance, it then started raining.

I just feel there isn't enough proof in the causal links between these catastrophes and the human actions said to cause them.
Sat 07/11/09 at 21:29
Regular
Ice caps at their lowest density since records began, ever rising sea levels in Asia, droughts that used to last a season now lasting 10 months a year in Africa. The C02 output may be bumfluff (cows generate loads more methane than humans ever will), but the rest has already happened - it's not a pattern, it's just continually getting worse. What more proof is required?
Sat 07/11/09 at 21:20
Regular
I don't feel there's enough conclusive evidence on climate change and global warming. More research needs to be done on historic climate trends etc before we can effectively tackle this issue,
Sat 07/11/09 at 21:01
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
but we are all still quite happy to continue as
> we are - why? Well, most of us will be dead before anything
> really bad happens, I suspect:-)

Another reason is that climate change and dwindling resources will affect us the least... in a cruel twist of irony, the developed countries i.e. the ones consuming and chucking out the most pollution for decades, will be the most economically well placed to shoulder these future issues. Conversely, poor countries won't be able to afford rising fuel and food costs, and the majority of climate change will occur in Africa and Asia... the non developed areas. We've already seen the rising sea levels in SE Asia, and the prolonged droughts leading to lack of food production.
Sat 07/11/09 at 20:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> LCD screens use less but some Plasma's (especially older models)
> do use more.Panasonic kind of blew this theory out of the water
> with their later panels.On mine I can select 'Eco' mode which
> gives colours a faded,washed out kind of look or you can revert
> to the usual 'full on screw the earth' setting.
>

So why bother?

You do this, I do that etc etc

We all recycle, as much as our local council allows (and it does differ between local councils). We all, individually subscribe to a regime of 'saving the planet' in our own way...and then an illiterate post arrives and we all start reacting.....the planet is this , the planet is that .... has anyone done anything to change this situation, are you likely to change this situation?

In a word, for most of us, NO.

We all like our 'home comforts' too much to really bother, we do our 'bit' and expect others to do the same.

But we all drive cars, don't walk to work, turn up the central heating, etc etc etc. This could go on all night...but there is no point in trying to be sanctimonious about something that affects us all, but we are all still quite happy to continue as we are - why? Well, most of us will be dead before anything really bad happens, I suspect:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.