GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHY DID I NOT WIN?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/06/01 at 20:24
Regular
Blah Blah Blah. SR are Sony Fans. F*** it. Well done Jd99 again!
Fri 15/06/01 at 10:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I quite agree Tony. If everyone who didn't win complained, then we would have thousands of upset people moaning. Why do you have to be the exception?
Fri 15/06/01 at 10:44
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Blah Blah Blah. SR are Sony Fans. Well done Jd99 again!

Dan - I looked at the winning post and I looked at yours.

The winning post was full of typos and spelling mistakes, so I am a bit concerned about that. But I read the whole post with interest and it expressed some good points. It was a good length for me as I don't have much time.

I'm sure your post did not win because it was difficult to read and take in your points. I was confused after the opening two paragraphs. I'm not saying it was a bad post, but it was too long in my view and unable to hold the reader's attention for that length of post.

So I support the staff who chose the winning message. They have to choose one, and they chose JD's. Under normal circumstances I would not comment, and I tell you Dan, everybody here is really annoyed with your attitude, as they work hard to make this a special place.

I do not want these forums rubbished by people complaining that they have not won. Sure, state your complaint in a professional manner, but don't go around bleating about Special Reserve and swearing just because you haven't won a game with your post. It's ridiculous.

The reader will always see your posts from a different perspective to the writer. You have to accept that.
Fri 15/06/01 at 09:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dan2K1 wrote:

> heartily disappointed not to have won for the past 2months after
> nonstop quality posting,

winning after only 2 Months?

I've won just twice in 6-7 months of posting...

Which means you've got another month or so of positing before you'll get to grab a freebie :)
Fri 15/06/01 at 09:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I think there is a shocking bias towards non-monkey related items.

However, this has been rectified in the latest Upwire and for this, we thank you.

More Monkey for you Buck.
Fri 15/06/01 at 09:12
Regular
"not dead"
And further to this I'd just like to add it doesn't matter if you win or lose....

...it matters if I win or lose. ; )
Fri 15/06/01 at 07:56
Regular
"not dead"
I think that it's unfair to say that SR are biased towards Sony.

I have won countless (for those of you that can't count past ten, anyway) times for posts that are nothing to do with the PS2, or are pro-Nintendo.

Grix, The Game, pb have all won without necessarily being pro-Sony.

That said I read your post, and enjoyed it. I haven't read jd99's post yet, so can't comment on which I feel is better.

You're right about one thing in particular, that's that winning Gameaday is about more than getting a game, the recognition that your post was deemed the best of the day makes you fell good too.

Personally, I'm going to keep on posting here for the immediate future (except next week) because it's fun. I enjoy the discussions, and like to express my point. I'm sure one day I'll stop, but until then I'm having fun.

If you're not getting any pleasure from it anymore, it really isn't worth getting stressed over. Take a break. Leave the forums for a bit, and come back whenever you want to enjoy discussion, to enjoy arguing, and possibly to enjoy winning!
Thu 14/06/01 at 23:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
After a month and countless top quality posts, I have given up trying to win GAD. Of course, I'm miffed that I don't win, but I've realised I come here to have fun and chat, no to win games.

That and I'm addicted.
Thu 14/06/01 at 23:06
Regular
Snivveling, whining little, my post about Games being bad for your health was better than your, but jd99's was better than mine, so why are you bleeding complaining???
Thu 14/06/01 at 22:56
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
6 times in 7 months is good enough for me... and hey, remember how happy you were when you won a game?! Can't you all be happy for these people. They're your friends... you're supposed to be happy whoever wins... This isn't a competition... it's a team game... most of the people who do win couldn't do it without someone else starting a discussion! We're NOT in competition...

We're all friends...!

... Guys?... Hello... Ant?... Time Warp...? Grix?!... Meka?

Hmmmm....

*Ponders the meaning of life*

Hmmmm....

Got me... anyhoo...

Game
Thu 14/06/01 at 22:42
"Uzi Lover"
Hey and snipers still going strong!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.