GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gears of War passes 2 Million sales"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gears of War'.
Sat 16/12/06 at 10:55
Regular
"8==="
IGN:

"US, December 15, 2006 - Microsoft sent out word this morning that Gears of War has sold more than 2 million copies worldwide with more than 1 million of those sales coming from the United States alone. This impressive sales figure was reached in just the first six weeks since the release of Epic Games' sci-fi shooter.

"We've always held high hopes for Gears of War, but we never expected such an overwhelmingly positive response from critics and gamers all over the world," said Michael Capps, president, Epic Games. "I can't describe how stoked our team is right now. Our fans can absolutely count on Epic to keep delivering new gameplay through Xbox Live."

Gears of War has also pressed more Xbox 360 owners to take advantage of Xbox Live. Paid registrations per day for Xbox Live have risen more than 50 percent since its release. Over 1 million unique gamers have logged on to play more than 10 million games making Gears of War the number 1 Xbox Live title."

I think it's safe to say the 360 is now well and truly established.

Gears will also be getting free downloadable content via Xbox Live.
Tue 02/01/07 at 17:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think GoW online is a bit...crap.

I want Vegas, although CoD3 and Halo 2 are fulfilling all shooty needs. Halo 2 really is sublime, even after all this time.
Mon 01/01/07 at 23:23
Regular
"8==="
Rainbow Six: Vegas is better.
Sun 31/12/06 at 14:56
Regular
Haha, oh yeah. I forgot it was coming out for pc which it is.
Sun 31/12/06 at 00:33
Regular
"Mooching around"
Alfonse wrote:
> The advertising for this game is so cool, it looks splendid. If I
> had money, I would get it and a 360.

You should, best FPS ever in my opinion, miles better than Halo, though we still have Halo 3 to come! :D

A great year for Microsoft.
Sat 16/12/06 at 11:53
Regular
"8==="
Apparently MS expected it to sell 1 million copies so the fact that it doubled what they thought it would sell in such a short time really is a feat.

I still think Rainbow Six: Vegas is the better game online mind.
Sat 16/12/06 at 11:46
Regular
The advertising for this game is so cool, it looks splendid. If I had money, I would get it and a 360.
Sat 16/12/06 at 11:23
Regular
hats awesome. Still got to wait to get my 360 when I have money. Already bought Perfect Dark 0 and Dead or Alive 4 as I played them and thought they were awesome. Gears of War the next game on my ageda tbh. :)
Sat 16/12/06 at 10:55
Regular
"8==="
IGN:

"US, December 15, 2006 - Microsoft sent out word this morning that Gears of War has sold more than 2 million copies worldwide with more than 1 million of those sales coming from the United States alone. This impressive sales figure was reached in just the first six weeks since the release of Epic Games' sci-fi shooter.

"We've always held high hopes for Gears of War, but we never expected such an overwhelmingly positive response from critics and gamers all over the world," said Michael Capps, president, Epic Games. "I can't describe how stoked our team is right now. Our fans can absolutely count on Epic to keep delivering new gameplay through Xbox Live."

Gears of War has also pressed more Xbox 360 owners to take advantage of Xbox Live. Paid registrations per day for Xbox Live have risen more than 50 percent since its release. Over 1 million unique gamers have logged on to play more than 10 million games making Gears of War the number 1 Xbox Live title."

I think it's safe to say the 360 is now well and truly established.

Gears will also be getting free downloadable content via Xbox Live.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.