GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you think that the Sims 2 will be the Biggest PC release this year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims 2'.
Sun 12/09/04 at 19:18
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
We all know that there are many amazing games that are released ever year on the PC format but i have heard a lot about the new and upcoming Sims 2 game. Lokking at reviews and screenshots and being a Sims gamer myself i say... it rocks but do you think it will be the biggest release this year?
Tue 14/09/04 at 16:35
Regular
it is not incomplete, I am just saying that it went gold before anyone has bought it.
Tue 14/09/04 at 16:30
Regular
"\\"
heatherw_01 wrote:
> I think that this will be the biggest PC game this year as it has
> already gone gold before it has been released to buy.

Well, what be the point in releasing an incomplete game?
Tue 14/09/04 at 16:16
Regular
I think that this will be the biggest PC game this year as it has already gone gold before it has been released to buy. It is the same old great game but with much better graphics and lots of new exciting features. I think that this game will be much better than the first.
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
SemajaI wrote:
> Sims is a girls game.
>
> I know at least 2 girls who play it and its the only even vagually
> real game they have played. (i don't count flash games as real ones)

My sister plays it like a virtual Dolls house, even though she’s 14 and is more than capable of getting through the latest platform game or RPG. She always cheats at it as well, getting unlimited money which defeats whatever little purpose the game had in the first place.

Personally I proffer big man games like Max Payne and Far Cry, you know, Real games.
Tue 14/09/04 at 13:56
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
the best thing about the sims was death by swimming! How cruel am I
Mon 13/09/04 at 00:43
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
cipro wrote:
> Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I though the Sims was great when it came out but it got boring
> quickly. I got the first expansion pack for it but that got boring
> too. I did have great fun building guard towers around my house
> though. But then I got bored of that.
>
> I was the same. At first it was a good game, with some interesting
> ideas that it really couldn't sustain for long play. I eventually
> bored of it, did everything interesting and was left with little else
> to do. I did enjoy building my own house though, I even remember
> building one on stilts once.
>
> What's different in the Sims 2 anyway? Surely they've exhausted the
> whole idea by now?
>
> Don't now. If they add enough it could be better than the
> orignal, just so long as they have something that gives you reason
> for going back. I would have still proffered Simville though, the
> Sims and Sim City combined. That would have better in my opinion.

Well, on Sims 2, your Sims actually AGE! How cool is that. I wonder what's Simlish for "Get offa my lawn, you lousy kids!"
Sun 12/09/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
Sims is a girls game.

I know at least 2 girls who play it and its the only even vagually real game they have played. (i don't count flash games as real ones)
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I though the Sims was great when it came out but it got boring
> quickly. I got the first expansion pack for it but that got boring
> too. I did have great fun building guard towers around my house
> though. But then I got bored of that.

I was the same. At first it was a good game, with some interesting ideas that it really couldn't sustain for long play. I eventually bored of it, did everything interesting and was left with little else to do. I did enjoy building my own house though, I even remember building one on stilts once.

> What's different in the Sims 2 anyway? Surely they've exhausted the
> whole idea by now?

Don't now. If they add enough it could be better than the orignal, just so long as they have something that gives you reason for going back. I would have still proffered Simville though, the Sims and Sim City combined. That would have better in my opinion.
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I though the Sims was great when it came out but it got boring quickly. I got the first expansion pack for it but that got boring too. I did have great fun building guard towers around my house though. But then I got bored of that.

What's different in the Sims 2 anyway? Surely they've exhausted the whole idea by now?
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lipe wrote:
> Well IF Half-Life 2 doesn't come out this year then I reckon Sims 2
> will be the best selling PC Game of the year. Even if you guys think
> it's crap that doesn't mean other people will think it's crap too.
> You think the original Sims is crap and we all know how much that
> sold.

It sold because EA shovelled out expansion pack after expansion pack to keep the damn thing in the charts. That's why I don't like the Sims, initially it was an intriguing game with some interesting idea, then it became like a virus, eating away at peoples money with promises of something new, when all it provided was something you could have gotten online for free.

Oh, and there's no "if" as far the release for HL2 goes. Sources suggest it's very close to going gold, the fact that valve have started the pre-load on steam would seem to support this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.