GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thief 3: Deadly Shadows (Minor spoilers)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Thief 3 : Deadly Shadows'.
Tue 14/09/04 at 07:41
Regular
"8==="
If you like Deus Ex, Splinter Cell, Riddick and/or Morrowind then you owe it to yourself to get this game.

Absolutely STUNNING.

The freedom to do what you want, mixed in with the life of a thief, various ways to approach objectives, with all those favourite bits from Splinter Cell (Hiding in the shadows, great gadgets, nice one-liners). The guard/enemy AI is pretty damn decent, fighting with them is really good fun and they will take you down enough to make it a challenge.

The game gives you a kind of stealth rating for all you Hitman 2 fans out there (How many stealth kills, normal kills, times you were spotted etc). Also there's various difficulty levels where different objectives are added and tougher conditions must be met (The AI gets a boost and you must steal more for example).

It's difficult to explain how brilliantly the stealth in this game is handled, it's SO much more fluid than mucking about in Splinter Cell and so much more satisfying when you take your enemy down. They've got the balance absolutely perfect between stealth and playability.

So far I've stealthily massacred an entire manor, broken into my landlords apartment and stolen my rent back(!), mugged 3 dozen people, taken on the city watch and generally picked a lot of dirty underhand fights with many scoundrels and peace-abiding citizens alike!

Equal to Deus Ex, better than Splinter Cell and Riddick with the styling of Morrowind. Fan-****ing-tastic!

More to follow.
Wed 29/09/04 at 11:27
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Yeah Thief 3 is brilliant.
>
> Shalebridge Cradle could be one of the best levels. Large amounts of
> tension is always a good thing.

Damn this level freaked me out!! my head was spinning!!

Gave up that game when i was saving just before fighting whats-her name and it crashed... lost like 6 hrs of hard work
Wed 29/09/04 at 08:09
Regular
People seem to think that Game Pads don't exist on the PC. The Xbox controller is copied from the original Microsoft Sidewinder and modified for console use.

They maybe clunky in layout depending on how used to it you are, in terms of accuracy though the PC nails it.
Wed 29/09/04 at 03:27
Regular
"8==="
But with an outdated and clunky method of control?

Made it to the second level on the original with that unhelpful setup.

No thanks. :P
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:53
Regular
Oh and now go out and nab the PC version, the way it is meant to be played, without stabilisers ;)
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:52
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Shalebridge Cradle is awesome.

Indeed, only the original Silent Hill had an atmosphere to equal it.

Fantastic.
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:03
Regular
"8==="
Went back and finished it today after it screwing my saves a few days back with about 0.5% of the game to go. Had to do about 3 hours again but it was good to do again after a small gap.

FINISHED.

Definately the best game of the year so far. :)
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
I'll nick anything me!

I'm a bit wurrr, a bit weyyyy, a bit wsh wsh.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
"8==="
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Shalebridge Cradle is awesome.
>
>
> At least people are finally giving Thief some recognition after games
> like Splinter Cell basically stole it's format entirely and got all
> the praise.

I have the original on PC, liked it then but the new third person/first person choice of perspective is the icing on the cake.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:16
Regular
"8==="
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Wizard?
>
> Keepers, maaan. :P

No it was one of the Builders :)
Thu 16/09/04 at 18:45
Regular
Shalebridge Cradle is awesome.

At least people are finally giving Thief some recognition after games like Splinter Cell basically stole it's format entirely and got all the praise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.