GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have a Bleem!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/06/01 at 20:59
Regular
Ok, I don't, I'm waiting to find a stockist of BleemCast for the DC so that I can play Gran Turismo 2 and Final Fantasy 9 on it. Can I get one? No. Can I find one? No.

But it got me thinking, if Bleem can make a product that plays PS games via your PC, and PS games via your DC, how long will it be before you can play DC games via your PS and PS games via your X-Box etc....? And now that Nintendo are moving to disc format, will they ever produce a product that will allow GC games on a PC or DC?

And if they are so good at making games to play across a couple of formats, why don't they just go ahead and break the mould and develop a cross-format console that plays all types of games? Money? Patents? Where there's a will there's a way, I give it 7 years till we see the first mass-produced multi-format console in widespread use in the home.

FM: Never gets a prediction wrong (yet).
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:34
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Perhaps your mate was told to wait for the PS2 because

its a better machine?
it has a better future?
DC is dead?
DC games are now on the PS2

But on the main topic...

OPSM2 mag had a feature about the bleem thing. Sony are suing because bleem have copied their programming,and that they had to hack the ps1 code to work out how to do it, and bleem are saying yes, they hacked it, but the code for their device is entirely original.

more interestingly, is that there was a company (cant remember the name) that had ps1 games running on a PC, and Sony bought them out and copyrighted the software. the question is, though, are they are working together to make the pc emulator, or did sony buy it to stop it?
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:14
PC world?
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:10
Regular
"smile, it's free"
That does sound totally out of order, I wonder what their motives were?

A) More profit from a more expensive PS2?
B) Brown envelope from Sony?
C) They're afraid to tell anyone they don't have anyDC's left?

The madenning thing is, these sales people probably have the same amount of knowledge about consoles as the staff at PC world do about Computers...
Thu 14/06/01 at 13:48
Regular
SonicRav wrote:
There has been lots of talk about SOny
> using unfair tactics... when the PS2 came out, they ordered games
> sellers not to publicise the Xbox even though they had the
> adverts!

And now they are saying that they can't sell
> bleemcast... this is illegal

Also, some shops were trying to persuade people not to buy a DC and wait for the PS2. It happened to my mate when i was with him. He wanted to buy a DC and a couple of shops really tried to get him to wait for a PS2.

I don't mean they just said "Have you considered waiting for a PS2?". They really tried to get him not buy a DC.

I don't know whether they were doing it off of their own backs or whether Sony had words with them. But it still seems off to me.
Thu 14/06/01 at 13:38
Indeed. Except GT2 would sell bucket loads.
Thu 14/06/01 at 13:23
Regular
Who would want to play PS1 games on a DC already when the games are better!
Thu 14/06/01 at 13:22
Yay! FM returns and we all have Dreamcasts. Amazing! Bleem eh?
Thu 14/06/01 at 12:14
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:

"And if they are so good at making games to play across a couple of formats, why don't they just go ahead and break the mould and develop a cross-format console that plays all types of games?"

Because Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sega... and whoever else wants to make a console will go out of business, and will be sue Bleem heavily.
Thu 14/06/01 at 12:04
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Debbie
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:18
Regular
He's gone now :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.