GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pre-Orders - Who's the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/09/04 at 07:42
Regular
Internet-wise, who would you recommend to deliver my game the day before release?

I have SE Halo 2 on preorder at my local Gamestation but knowing those bints they won't let me have it until Friday so I'm planning on getting the normal version online, in the hope it'll come on the Thursday - this is important to me as I get hardly any play time from Friday to Monday - even less with the task of moving house just over the horizon.

So, who are the best? SR? Play? Gameplay? Amazon? Game? ?
Thu 16/09/04 at 12:27
Regular
Game have always delivered pre-ordered games to me 1 or 2 days before release however in the Wind Wakers case, 4 days before release. :P
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:53
Regular
Since when have Game bought Gameplay?

Haven't heard anything about this.
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:52
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Gameplay always get orders out a day before release.

true but Game have just bought Gameplay so this could soon change.
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:37
"Majestic"
Rickoss wrote:
> I wouldn't order from Amazon,
> they always bug ger up orders, once I had to wait like a month after
> release just because their crappy systems can't handle a change in
> the release date.

Same happened to me with a pre-ordered CD, I had to wait a month too - and they clearly had it in stock. The customer service sucks too, but eventually I managed to talk to somebody with sense that gave me a tenner of my next order for inconvenience!

SR usually gets things to you at least a day before, sometimes even two days before. I’ll let you know if my Sims 2 comes today… And Play.com is sloooow delivery, even for pre-orders.
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:32
Regular
Gameplay always get orders out a day before release.
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:31
Regular
Ok, so Amazon's out the window then :D
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:22
Regular
I usually get my orders from SR 2-3 days before release, and that's with second class postage from GAD. I wouldn't order from Amazon, they always bug ger up orders, once I had to wait like a month after release just because their crappy systems can't handle a change in the release date.
Thu 16/09/04 at 07:42
Regular
Internet-wise, who would you recommend to deliver my game the day before release?

I have SE Halo 2 on preorder at my local Gamestation but knowing those bints they won't let me have it until Friday so I'm planning on getting the normal version online, in the hope it'll come on the Thursday - this is important to me as I get hardly any play time from Friday to Monday - even less with the task of moving house just over the horizon.

So, who are the best? SR? Play? Gameplay? Amazon? Game? ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.