GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pre-Orders - Who's the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/09/04 at 07:42
Regular
Internet-wise, who would you recommend to deliver my game the day before release?

I have SE Halo 2 on preorder at my local Gamestation but knowing those bints they won't let me have it until Friday so I'm planning on getting the normal version online, in the hope it'll come on the Thursday - this is important to me as I get hardly any play time from Friday to Monday - even less with the task of moving house just over the horizon.

So, who are the best? SR? Play? Gameplay? Amazon? Game? ?
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Braaains"
I've always gone for sealed games - since I witnessed the horror that was Woolworths shoving disks into cardboard sleeves. Mind you, since they've started doing sealed ones.
Fri 24/09/04 at 18:18
"Retarded List"
Well, I've had a couple of games from SR that were scratched quite badly.

Going on experience, I'd go for Gameplay.
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:50
Regular
"BOSE"
I would say HMV are very good, even though may be slightly more expensive. I ordered a Star Wars box set from HMV & one from Play.com. HMV delivered 20th (day of release) Play.com delivered 21st. HMV have always delivered pre-ordered items to me on day of release. Play.com now and then deliver them to me the day after release. Thinking about changing Halo 2 to HMV
Wed 22/09/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Touched!"
Personally I prefer gameplay, as SR's severs tend to be screwed up a lot lately and I can't be bothering chasing up orders, plus Gameplay get me it a day early..now if SR could do that off the record then I might be tempted to order with them.
Tue 21/09/04 at 09:48
Regular
"good news everyone"
Definitely not amazon they have ave not delivered my star wars DVD on time and i am not happy :(
Thu 16/09/04 at 18:11
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
a warning to anyone who has orderd the SE halo2, the extra disk has lots of spouilers in it, so possibly best to finish the game before you watch any of them.
Thu 16/09/04 at 17:28
Regular
SE is rubbish anyway. Like I'm gonna have time to watch the making of video when I've got the actual game in my hands.
Thu 16/09/04 at 17:24
Regular
I'm only after the original version though - I already have the LE on order
Thu 16/09/04 at 17:06
ßulle†† wrote:
> Gameplay it is then.
>

They don't stock the SE edition however.
Thu 16/09/04 at 16:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
SR have always been fast for me before. Play despatch the game on release day so never consider them unless you're going to be saving bucketloads of money.

However, with Madden, which isn't released until tomorrow, they haven't even despatched it yet.

If the reason is because I have 2 "change of customer address" 'orders' (because I added then deleted my year of birth), and they wont send the game to me because of that, I will be very very annoyed. It's also taken SR more than 3 days to change my 'customer address'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.