GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1 week"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/09/04 at 18:53
Regular
"boom boom click"
only a week until the PAL Animal Crossing comes out. And on my birthday too! It surely is a sign!
Mon 20/09/04 at 17:12
Regular
Well considering how much I loved Harvest Moon I doubt this'll leave my console very much.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Unlike Crossing, Harvest does have some vague overall story, I mean, after many, many, monotonous hours on Harvest, you get a little reward by seeing your kid grow a little bigger. In Crossing, once you pay off a stupid amount of Bells you get.. a few squares of extra floor space in your house. Gasp.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:30
Regular
"It's Almost Time"
I might get Animal Crossing, but then I might not. It looks pretty good but seems as if it will become a bit repetitive after a while. I think I'll see what CUBE say before I make my judgement.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Animal crossing is worth getting for the first month or so. Then it gets sooo repetetive, i didn't bother. Although, if you check on the animal crossing website you can see when there is stuff going on in the town so i usually go back on it every now and again, just for the events.

Harvest moon is the same, good for the first month or so then it just draaaaags. Boring!
Mon 20/09/04 at 21:27
Regular
I'd imagine, that like Harvest Moon, that the game is playable again if you give it a month after you gave up on it.
Mon 20/09/04 at 21:36
Regular
AC is a fairly rubbish game.

Needs to be bigger, much more stuff and it has to be online.
Mon 20/09/04 at 21:43
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:

>
> Needs to be bigger, much more stuff and it has to be online.

How would the online function work in your eyes?
Mon 20/09/04 at 21:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well you could live in a town with other people or you could just send out ivitations for people to visit your town.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:05
Regular
Basically you have 100s of villages that are slightly larger than the map from the original, each village can have up to 30-40 residents.

You can choose which village you live in, so you can start one up with some friends. Whoever creates it gets to be the Mayor, and accepts or kicks out other residents.

Then you can take the train to any of the villages to meet 1000s of other players.

Then they can include things like various (and lots) of ways to improve/change your village, so the ones where everyone works together will be better than others. You cna have competitions and stuff.

Without something like this I doubt I'll bother with the second, unless becomes a bit more Sims like, where there's more variation and better interaction.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:14
Regular
And they should get some other developers involved, so that if someone say, drops litter in your village, or chops down a lemon tree, you can officially go to war and wipe out all advesaries to become a city, rather than a village, then a country, and you can be a nice country, like Switzerland, or try and rule the world like the US.

It would be called Animal DominaCrossing

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.