GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1 week"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/09/04 at 18:53
Regular
"boom boom click"
only a week until the PAL Animal Crossing comes out. And on my birthday too! It surely is a sign!
Fri 24/09/04 at 14:52
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Nintendo have always stated how they find online gaming doesn't get
> much money.
>
> They claim it is too complicated and not enough people use it to make
> it worthwhile.
>
> Nintendo are shown figures that prove them wrong and Nintendo state
> that they wouldn't want to offer so many charges to their online
> service and would wait until it can all be done cheaper or even free
> and online games sales themselves rake in the profit.
>
> Hence the reason the Cube hasn't gone online.
>
> I wouldn't imagine the DS is going to cost anything to play online.

I'd rather play online with my PC than a console with additional price JUST to play online plus there's more people actually playing and no don't go on about cheaters and all that bullcrap that only happens in CounterStrike mostly.
Fri 24/09/04 at 14:44
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Suprised its actually £40 (in most places).
Tue 21/09/04 at 23:24
Regular
Nintendo have always stated how they find online gaming doesn't get much money.

They claim it is too complicated and not enough people use it to make it worthwhile.

Nintendo are shown figures that prove them wrong and Nintendo state that they wouldn't want to offer so many charges to their online service and would wait until it can all be done cheaper or even free and online games sales themselves rake in the profit.

Hence the reason the Cube hasn't gone online.

I wouldn't imagine the DS is going to cost anything to play online.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:39
Regular
Microsoft have a monthly subscription fee as well as an annual one...they give a choice, obviously the annual one is more likely to keep you playing for atleast a year, so its cheaper (as they expect you to buy games for it)

Therefore, I'd assume Nintendo would use a similar system, or even go as far as making it free! Though that's just me hoping they'll take a gamble at something competetive.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:36
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:

> A monthly subscription would be inevitable, although it would be a
> good concept.

Not neccesserally. Nintendo want online games to be incredibly affordable.
Tue 21/09/04 at 16:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Anyone know if the DS edition is online?

Nothing has been said yet. Excepting PictoChat (which you now get as part of the DS anyway) Nintendo haven't really said about any online stuff.
Tue 21/09/04 at 07:16
Regular
The thing about makind AC online, is that it would most probably fall into the MMORPG category in that there is this huge world that everyone lives in.

A monthly subscription would be inevitable, although it would be a good concept.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:49
Regular
Anyone know if the DS edition is online?
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:20
"period drama"
I think online would work perfectly like village sharing does ofline - except everyone can be in the village at the same time.
If you had about 5 people together in the same village the whole rivalry thing would get a billon times better - what with leaving little messages for people and cutting down their trees and redecorating their houses and so on.

Obviously you'd have to know the people to make the most of the sharing and so things don't go too far.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:14
Regular
And they should get some other developers involved, so that if someone say, drops litter in your village, or chops down a lemon tree, you can officially go to war and wipe out all advesaries to become a city, rather than a village, then a country, and you can be a nice country, like Switzerland, or try and rule the world like the US.

It would be called Animal DominaCrossing

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.