GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3 is better then the Gran Tursimo series"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Burnout 3 is the best racering game out there it even beats Gran Tursimo
Mon 20/09/04 at 14:44
Regular
I find the two games, Burnout 3 and Gran Turismo 3, to be so different that I think of them both as equally great, but in their own ways. Though I've never driven a car at 200mph, nor yanked the steering wheel from one side completely over to the other at high speeds, I do believe that Gran Turismo has to be the more accurate, and it exploits that in its own way. Burnout 3 doesn't care, but finds its own ways to be enjoyable.

If it came to a vote, I'd put my x in the "equally good" box.
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:22
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Loads of people do not like it, loads of people buy it and then moan about how it's boring.
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i think Gran Turismo is mainstream, I mean loads of people like it, and its topped the charts on many occasions. Im not judging it to be a "chart topper" or whatever that meant
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:15
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i agree to an extent. I absolutely loved GT when it came out on the PS1. I just think its gradually got worse, not the graphics but the novelty of it all. I think Burnout 3`s main characteristic of why its so good is the sound effects. You really get a sense of a powerful engine when you are revving it up at the start line, and when you crash its awesome. With GT when you hit a wall, you just feel nothing apart from a slight rumble in the control pad.

i think Ive just gone off Gran Tursimso
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:04
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I'm firmly of the belief GT is not a mainstream game. You have to really get a kick out of the mechanics of just getting round a track in order to enjoy it. I do, and it does it better than any other game ever has. Unfortunately somehow this game has ended up being judged as a chart topper by a load of people who, well.. would probably be better off playing Burnout.
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:57
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I can drive thanks! Maybe what I said came out wrong, I meant the handling in GT is just boring in comparison to Burnout 3. GT is more of a simulator whereas Burnout 3 is just fun as hell and the crashes are the best part. I think Burnout 3 is the better of the two in terms of gameplay, GT is just boring now.
Mon 20/09/04 at 11:58
Regular
The guy who said it feels like you're driving a real car was joking.

In terms of fun I'd say Burnout 3 was better than GT3.
Mon 20/09/04 at 11:51
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Definitely not true. I had an extended rallying session in GT4:P using the pro wheel on Saturday, and it reaffirmed my belief that the GT series has no equal.

Who said Burnout 3 feels like driving a car? Spot the person who's too young to drive, lol! B3 is awesome, and it's about as thrilling an arcade racer as you can get... but realistic? Please...
Mon 20/09/04 at 07:53
Regular
Even though I bought and played through GT2, 3 and 4:Prologue, I only really enjoyed GT1.
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:53
Regular
Burnout 3 = awesome.

*drools*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.