GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3 is better then the Gran Tursimo series"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Burnout 3 is the best racering game out there it even beats Gran Tursimo
Sun 26/09/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Hannard wrote:
> It's apples and oranges - like comparing Tetris with Street Fighter 2
> - they're both different types of games.

No, its like comparing gold and goats poo, actually.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:28
Regular
"Braaains"
It's apples and oranges - like comparing Tetris with Street Fighter 2 - they're both different types of games.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:10
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Just ignore him. He talks rubbish.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:01
Regular
What the hell are you on about?
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:00
Regular
how can burnout 3 beat gran turismo 4 this game is better than burnout 3 its just arcade
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If you're an arcade game fan then you'd typically prefer Burnout 3 however, if like me you prefer simulation games, then typically the GT series will probably be your cup of tea.
Tue 21/09/04 at 13:46
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Just seen the following impressions of GT4 *Nurburgring* drool...

I'm sure the original poster won't mind me quoting:

"Today I had an oppurtunity to play Gran Turismo 4, so naturally I snapped it up.

Its the BMW 1 series dealer demo that has been released in Germany. The tracks to choose from are New York, a Spanish village (not the one in Prologue), and a certain famous German track.

Of course, I went for the Nurburgring, and jumped into the BMW 120d (faster than the 120i). Its a nigh on 200bhp RWD hatch.

I choose Auto, Sports Tyres and Traction control ON to start with, from the VERY Machintosh style menus. Very nice.

The track loaded in four seconds. I counted myself. A 20km track loading in less than 5 seconds is outrageous, and ITS NOT streaming. We tested for that

OK, so that over with. How does it play, look, sound, feel?

I really can't explain to you how outstanding this track looks. Its so bright and colourful and full over the (superb - you know I love it) Project Gotham Racing 2 version of the 'Ring. The day is clear and bright, with a few clouds in the sky, and from some corners near the start (you begin the lap in the correct place, the complex) you can see THE TARMAC on the F1 circuit, and the hangers, and buildings, and grandstands.. OMG.

Detail like this doesn't happen does it? Trees look incredible (they are 2D cross plains), bushes so full you'd want to push your drunk mate into them, with depth that is just so real SO REAL. Hillsides are covered in them, and its just amazing.

The track detail, with its little bumps, lips, cracks in tarmac, new sections of laid tarmac, unique graffiti, fan written words and symbols cover the track, just like in life (and Gotham), but they are so much more than Gotham. They are HUGE, with massive VW logos everywhere, and sentances people have written, and markings on bits of the banked sections.. Attention to detail? You have NEVER seen it like this.

The car flys along at a beliveable speed (much greater, and thus realistic than previous GTs), with a 200bhp car feeling and looking like its going at the right velocity. As the car accelerates, the camera pulls back (perhaps more than reality) to show you so, and dips (so smoothly) when braking hard into corners. Then you fly along and suddenly there is a rise or a dip, and the cars acts so real, its just undescribable.

You drive into a corner, and the car feels SO much better and realistic than any GT before, including Prologue. It grips well, and rolls a bit, and pulls through in such a manner, this can't be a game, can it?

Spins on track are very impressive, and handling the car and getting it back on track was very realistic. Incredible.

The controls are lovely, and you have so muc control over your car, its really moved on nicely since GT3 and Prologue.

I also tried the same track with traction control off, and sports tyre, and then with Arcade tyres. The latter gives a bit more grip, which will be nice for people new to the series.

I then tried the Spanish track (the name, in the excitment escapes me). The spectators are now 3D!! . Unbelabelabelabeliavble. They animate smoothly, and one guy took a few steps back into his garden when he saw me coming.. Jeez.

Polyphony have raised the bar to an unreachable level now... I don't care for the AI, just give me time trials. Incredible.

Not sure what else to say really.. This is scary though."
Tue 21/09/04 at 10:26
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I have access to f1 tracks even though I'm 14.

[S]I'm lying
Tue 21/09/04 at 10:25
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
*Highly Excitable* wrote:
> If people want a driving simulator - go and drive.

Not everyone has access to racing cars, racing tracks and rally circuits you see. That's the beauty of it.
Mon 20/09/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Darwock wrote:
> Loads of people do not like it, loads of people buy it and then moan
> about how it's boring.

A mistake I will admit to making.

If people want a driving simulator - go and drive.

Burnout 3 is FUN. Pure, simple FUN. GT is boring, especially now. GT and GT2 were fast and good fun, but the 'realistic physics' of GT3 and GT4P make it so slow. Burnout is insanely fast, and you can do more interesting things like taking other drivers out, and the vehicles are so much more imaginative.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.