GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How I Cried When I Found Out..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
...That Burnout 3 was not coming out on the Cube. Having owned and loved Burnout 2 on my GC, I could not wait for the 3rd installment of the series. But, to my disgrace I discovered it is not planned at all. Why, Criterion? Why? This lead to me having to buy it for the PS2, and although the graphics and speed are impressive (especially by the PS2's normally appalling standards), I wish it had come out on the GC. The speed and graphical power of this console would have made Burnout 3 a 13/10 game instead of the simple 11/10 I have decided to give it.

For shame.
Thu 23/09/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Easy Burnout 2 dinínt came out at the same time as the PS2 version it was relased 6 mounth later so just wait and see
Thu 23/09/04 at 15:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Gashead wrote:
> It's EA's fault! But apprently Burnout 4 is planned to be released on
> the Revolution.

You talk a lot of b*llocks, don't you?
Thu 23/09/04 at 12:40
Regular
"It's Almost Time"
It's EA's fault! But apprently Burnout 4 is planned to be released on the Revolution.
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:28
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It can't come soon enough :(
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:36
Regular
Not entirly true Tilt, Acclaim never wanted to bring it to the Gamecube when the cancelled so much support last year.

EA bought the license but Criterion hadn't a Gamecube version planned.

The official line is the networking but I seriously doubt that is true.

Remember the Euro 2004 game that wasn't released on the Gamecube? The reason EA didn't release it wasn't because they don't wanna support the system but because the Gamecube's fan base is much smaller than the competiton and that releasing 2 football games in a year may not bring back sufficient funds for either title. So EA decided to give us FIFA 2005 instead of Euro 2004.

Burnout 3 has just been released on X-box and PS2, what is the likelyhood of this damaging the sales of Need For Speed: Underground 2? Not likely for the PS2 and X-box but almost certainly will damage the sales for the Gamecube.

It is this reason that I believe Criterion and EA will do what they did with the first 2 games... wait about 6 months and then give it to us.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:24
Regular
Blame EA. Accalim were originally planning to bring it to Cube but once EA got bought Criterion they decided not to have it on Cube as there was no online network.

Pretty stupid really as it actually plays better offline on Xbox than it does online, mainly due to EA's crappy servers.
Sun 19/09/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
...That Burnout 3 was not coming out on the Cube. Having owned and loved Burnout 2 on my GC, I could not wait for the 3rd installment of the series. But, to my disgrace I discovered it is not planned at all. Why, Criterion? Why? This lead to me having to buy it for the PS2, and although the graphics and speed are impressive (especially by the PS2's normally appalling standards), I wish it had come out on the GC. The speed and graphical power of this console would have made Burnout 3 a 13/10 game instead of the simple 11/10 I have decided to give it.

For shame.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.