GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How I Cried When I Found Out..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
...That Burnout 3 was not coming out on the Cube. Having owned and loved Burnout 2 on my GC, I could not wait for the 3rd installment of the series. But, to my disgrace I discovered it is not planned at all. Why, Criterion? Why? This lead to me having to buy it for the PS2, and although the graphics and speed are impressive (especially by the PS2's normally appalling standards), I wish it had come out on the GC. The speed and graphical power of this console would have made Burnout 3 a 13/10 game instead of the simple 11/10 I have decided to give it.

For shame.
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Braaains"
All Burnout 3 made me want to do was play an updated version of Carmageddon where you could cause carnage around the whole city.
Mon 27/09/04 at 09:03
Regular
"It's Almost Time"
Dringo wrote:
> A: Burnout 4 has not been confirmed at all
> B: No one has pledge support for the Revolution because no-one knows
> what to expect from it, what the specifications are etc...
> C: You are talking cack.

A: I haven't even said that B4 has been confirmed, get that into your tiny brain.
B: Really, [URL] http://www.totalgames.net/pma/20517 [/URL]
C: YOU are talking complete cack.
Sun 26/09/04 at 00:30
Regular
That is perfectly true.

Releasing a game on one system then releasing it on another will tempt gamers away.

Although I doubt die-hard Burnout fans would own a Gamecube anyway.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Solskjær wrote:
> Although I loved the first two games, I'm actually quite glad
> Burnout 3: Takedown isn't available on the GameCube - whether
> it'll come out at a later date or not.

I hate it when people say things like this.
It's incredibly stupid.

There is absolutely no reason to be glad something isn't released on a console. It's not as if the GC is going to catch a disease from Burnout 3 being released on it.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:00
Regular
"8==="
Rent? Why waste money?

21 day returns're fine.

you don't like it? Put me on ignore.

I really couldn't care less: go choke on someone else's opinions.
Sat 25/09/04 at 20:23
Jeez, stop that moaning already. You're not sure about this or that, glad it's not out on Gamecube, etc. etc. if you don't need to buy any more new games, then don't. Not sure about the game? Rent it.
Sat 25/09/04 at 20:09
Regular
"8==="
Stop whining and go buy Gladius.
Sat 25/09/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Although I loved the first two games, I'm actually quite glad Burnout 3: Takedown isn't available on the GameCube - whether it'll come out at a later date or not.

I've read mixed opinions on this. While it's easy to jump on the bandwagon and go on about how great it is, plenty of people have also come up with the games growing number of defficiencies (including the short life-span and track-changing crashes).

I'm one of those people who always associates EA with 'trouble' and 'something gone wrong', and, despite what many who've played it still say, I wouldn't be surprised to find they have "ruined" it.

...All of the above, and that I already have far-more-than-enough to play now, along with some truly great exclusives just around the corner. :)

Even Need for Speed: Underground is enough to keep me happy! :O

:)
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:59
Regular
"8==="
I got bored of B3 in two weeks and that was WITH online play.

It's no great loss.
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:57
Regular
"8==="
Hannard wrote:
> You have Animal Crossing. Don't be greedy.

Yes at least sell Animal Crossing before you get a better game. :D

Don't hurt it's feelings, just kick it out the door swiftly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.