GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fable in 2 weeks!!! - or thereabouts"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Mon 20/09/04 at 14:15
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
hey hey! anyone else psyched? I know i am. This game is gonna take up 90% of my waking hours. until Halo 2 gets released... then 45%
Wed 06/10/04 at 09:02
Regular
"8==="
A short game with replay value is good fun.

Used to go through Fighting Force all the time on the 64. Took about 2 hours to complete as it was like a 3D version of Street of Rage/Double Dragon with co-op.

Fable'll do especially as (probably already said) most people'll go through it twice once for mainly light the other for mainly dark and there's finding the timed events etc which you're more likely to try and find in a short game if you miss them first time right?

I think rating it by traditional RPG standards is probably a bad idea. It's been compared to Zelda and playing it through twice should rack up about the same play time as Zelda OOT.
Wed 06/10/04 at 00:39
Regular
Whitestripes X wrote:

> Still, at least I'm right again.

Judging by it's average score of 86% on game rankings I'd say you're not.

I still can't wait for the game, judging by stuff I've heard on Live from people who've actually played the game, it's gonna be excellent.
Tue 05/10/04 at 23:42
Regular
"Laughingstock"
__
Tue 05/10/04 at 22:51
Regular
Sounds like exactly the kind of tremendously underwhelming and dissapointing game I expected it to be from the start.

Still, at least I'm right again.
Tue 05/10/04 at 22:43
Regular
I'll make it last longer than most people as I REALLY take my time with games like this.

I made Wind Waker last months as I refused to complete it until I found all the chests and heart pieces, oh and completed that gallery thing.
Tue 05/10/04 at 22:27
LOL, also you can swear at people, leer at them, fart burp, propose.

I won't say any more and I know I wouldn't like some one telling me about it just before I play it.
Tue 05/10/04 at 22:25
Ahh good old Fable.

Completed it 2 weeks ago.

Took me 11 hours (5 days).

Any one who doesn't believe me (that will be everyone) when you get the game, when you complete it you can back here and tell me that I am right.

I took the good path, bought and rented out 6 houses and 1 shop.
Got married twice (once to lady grey)

It's a good game, but with only 11 hours (15max) game play it wasn't worth the wait.

He he, I am aged 50, slim and it tells me my furthest chicken kick.

The game now sits here getting dusty. (£55 to anyone who wantes it early)
It's a proppa one, my friends dad works for some company, any way he got 3 of the game back in september.
Tue 05/10/04 at 20:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I've been reading up on Fable in a number of different forums, and I have to say that you should probably be VERY careful before you shell out for it.

For one thing, if you rush through the game it can be completed in under four hours. That's exceptionally short for an RPG. If you take your time and explore things, there's apparently between 12-20 hours worth of entertainment.

As for replay value, there's little reason to do so beyond messing around with your character, trying to get him to look different or build up the stats in a different order.

There have been quite a few complaints about the lack of freedom. Apparently, there's very little open terrain to explore, and very little to do or to experiment with. The features advertised as the game's seling points aren't the tip of the iceberg, they're the entire appeal.

It is really not a good sign if the official forums have a separate 'troll' forum for complaints about how dissapointing the game was.

Having said this, not all the feedback is bad. Some people seem very keen on the game, it's apparently very enjoyable game while it lasts. I've not played it myself, I'm only passing on what I've picked up.

Overall, I think the opinion is that it's much like a hormone driven teen's first sexual experience... very exciting, very novel, and a lot of fun, but very little to it and it's over far too quickly.

I'd seriously consider renting it rather than making a purchase.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:53
Regular
Ah.

Quite dangerous really - it could easily fall, hurting someone's foot or killing a baby/small woodland creature. Completely undermimes the whole inline-release system too.

I think I'll write in. It sends the wrong message to children.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:51
Regular
"8==="
Mav wrote:
>
> PS2?

The Xbox is on top of the TV.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.