GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XI"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Tue 21/09/04 at 10:22
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Er, you guys know the European release was last Thursday right? I haven't seen a single topic on it in here!

Anyway, I have just spent a week going through hell trying to obtain my advanced job in time for my non-importing friends starting the game... I would like to offer some advice. If you want to become a summoner - pick something else. You need to get an item that is probably one of the rarest drops in the game. I spent 18 hours killing the same monsters in the same location before I got one of these things to drop. It's just not worth it!

When travelling through the ranks I thought the sub-job quest would be the hardest I'd ever do, but ohhhh no....
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:48
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
No - any item with the green 'EX' symbol can't be bought/sold/traded...

Also I then had to take this item around the world to expose it to all the weather conditions, some of which were very rare. Not fun. I estimate a total of 25 hours spent on that one quest.
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Couldn't you have just bought what you needed from an AH? (Auction House)
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
You can do every advanced job quest if you like, but obviously you can only ever use 2 jobs at a time (main and support).

However if any of the other quests are anywhere near as ballbreaking as the summoner one, there's no way in hell I'm attempting them.
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:26
Regular
By the way, can you get all the advanced jobs by doing all the quests for them? Or are you only allowed to do one?
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:25
Regular
Just for fun I cranked up all the video/sound options to the max on the FFXI Config menu and ran the game. It works! Basically if you uncompress all the graphics, add full resolution and bump mapping you get gorgeous graphics. That's using an ATI Radeon 9800 (not the Pro version, just the basic one).
Thu 23/09/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Thanks for the warning but i think that only happends on the PS2 version since i only have the PC version
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:17
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah it's regular. You can stop payment, cancel and they keep the account active for 3 months, but if you don't re-open it and start paying them again you lose it.

You don't pay as you go.
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:08
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
I was interested in getting this now for the pc as the ps2 version doesn't seem to be happening, but after the 30 days trial, if you don't use it for a month do they still charge you? ie do they charge you for the months you use it, or all the time???
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:07
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
No. You can read the Vana'diel tribune and stuff without going into the game, but ehh... you need to be online to do that. And there is also Tetra Master online (card game from FF9) included, but again - online only.
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:05
Regular
One last question - is there any sort of offline mode at all?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.