GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-poker face pa-pa-poker face"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/10/09 at 23:12
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Just finished watching the latest South Park and couldn't stop laughing throughout. Japanese suicide bombing whales, killing the entire Miami Dolphins team and the best moment of all, Kenny, Kyle and Cartman playing Rock Band to Lady Gaga. Makes me want that version of the song in the game.

Been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons this season so far and am loving South Park. The Michael Jackson, WWE and whales and dolphins episodes have had me laughing so hard. Simpsons has definately been better than the last few years (but that's not saying much) but it still feels very average, and Family Guy had one great episode (that being the season opener with Stewie and Brian travelling through dimensions) but is slowly becoming one of my much loved shows to one of my most disliked. It just doesn't make me laugh any more.

What's everyone elses views? Am I the only one who finds South Park really the only decent animation out there?

Well... until the new season of Futurama kicks off that is :)
Thu 03/12/09 at 04:41
Regular
The Simpsons has definitely gone downhill since about series 9-10. And if I'm honest I can almost repeat every line of the episodes from those series' thanks to the amount Channel 4 play them. The Simpsons decision to make the new series more 'random' has definitely destroyed it as a series; what used to be intelligent jokes against the American family is now just ridiculous

As for Family Guy, there are some incredible episodes, but in general I do feel it hasn't been as good in recent seasons. The main reason for that is that it hasn't changed at all. I've always found it slightly overrated - the "like the time when..." clips seem to be neverending when the joke isn't that funny. The exception to that is the majority of Brian and Stewie's long back and forths

American Dad has also had some great episodes and mainly because it's a new format it's still more fresh than Family Guy. Likewise, the clips from Family Guy not being included make it stronger as a series

South Park is an all round brilliant cartoon. The satire is great, the jokes are much "edgier" than any other series and is the best series at poking fun at modern culture/fads. Family Guy pokes fun at American celebrities well, but it's not the same as South Park's newest episodes. In particular the WoW and Guitar Hero episodes have been great recently. I picked up Series 5 in CeX for £8 a week or so back and that's also got some great episodes

If I was going to try and rank them as they are now...

South Park
American Dad
Family Guy
The Simpsons

And taking the best moments from each an overall ranking...

South Park
Family Guy
The Simpsons
American Dad
Sun 01/11/09 at 18:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
I have to defend Family Guy, as that is a classic show, and a great one to just flick on and watch, but the format of it is very similar between episodes. I've noticed, the majority of the humour comes from referring back to past events. It's mostly Peter Griffin, when he says stuff such as: "Like that time" or "Reminds me of". Still, it's better than The Simpsons. The Simpsons isn't as daring as Family Guy and Southpark. Southpark is the golden oldie out of the 3, and is still delivering to this day. The Simpsons is another oldie, but is boring in it's humour. Family Guy is the modern Simpsons for me, and has the daring element of humour, like South Park. Put it this way, Matt Groening would never dare talk about the death of Michael Jackson; Trey Parker and Matt Stone don't care! ;D

In order of Best:
South Park
Family Guy
Watching Paint Dry
The Simpsons
Sun 01/11/09 at 18:17
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I agree. South Park is the only decent [American] animation out at the moment. I'm not really into Family Guy, to be honest.

I couldn't possibly express my love of South Park with a single post, though...
Sun 01/11/09 at 13:05
Regular
I enjoy watching them all and I'm including Futurama and King of the Hill.

I think I just watch The Simpsons because it's something I've been doing for almost 20 years now. Family Guy is a great show and I really enjoy watching American Dad.

The Cleveland show is just too early, I guess it needs to find it's audience but I think they shot themselves in the foot when they picked some of the other characters.

South Park is really funny, I think the WWF episode was a few years late, but the whale episode was great. I still wish they could have done something about the balloon boy.
Sun 01/11/09 at 12:45
I think South Park has really been hit and miss this series. The prostitute episode was funny, but the one before (Ghost Hunters etc.) was a real let-down.

American Dad certainly has its moments. The 'soda' episode was definitely a highlight, but overall its no where near the level of quality FG has. A problem the Cleeveland show is now experiencing.
Sun 01/11/09 at 10:19
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I agree on some points there. But Family Guy being beaten by American Dad? :S

It can be funnier on some occasions, but in general, FG wins I think.
Sat 31/10/09 at 10:12
Regular
"eat toast!"
i've been watching far too much anime online. Writing a few reviews, won't be much good, but hopefully adding a few links will entice some people to watch i hope...

South park has become a hell of a lot funnier when it started being satrical or clever rather then cheap laughs. Its only in the last few series that it started happening. The awesome-o, WOW, simpsons/family guy etc.

Oh and i watch american dad. far better then family guy.
Fri 30/10/09 at 23:12
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Just finished watching the latest South Park and couldn't stop laughing throughout. Japanese suicide bombing whales, killing the entire Miami Dolphins team and the best moment of all, Kenny, Kyle and Cartman playing Rock Band to Lady Gaga. Makes me want that version of the song in the game.

Been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons this season so far and am loving South Park. The Michael Jackson, WWE and whales and dolphins episodes have had me laughing so hard. Simpsons has definately been better than the last few years (but that's not saying much) but it still feels very average, and Family Guy had one great episode (that being the season opener with Stewie and Brian travelling through dimensions) but is slowly becoming one of my much loved shows to one of my most disliked. It just doesn't make me laugh any more.

What's everyone elses views? Am I the only one who finds South Park really the only decent animation out there?

Well... until the new season of Futurama kicks off that is :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.