GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"psi-ops : Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/09/04 at 13:46
Regular
I bought this at the same time I got Riddick yet it has sat un-played for the whole time, purely because I have been busy with other stuff. A few days a go I sat down and played it... played it and played it some more.

To cut a long story short I was extremely impressed with what plays, looks and is a 'physically' outstanding game. The game handles very similar between a cross between Everything or Nothing and Manhunt with some refined character movement and a closer camera.

The game basically throws you in at the deep end, your memory is wiped, you powers taken away and then a huge cut scene opens with a battle on open lands where you are taken hostage and thrown into prison.

Your cell is opened by a mysterious woman who gives you a weapon and basically tells you to get the hell out of there. As the story unfolds you regain your memory and powers and everything is not all quite what it seems. The story is engrossing despite the game being a classic 3rd person 'shoot the f'kers' type of game with some extremely clever physics and abilities that make it stand out.

The Havoc physics are top notch and as you may be aware, they play a huge part in the game. The TK power is fantastic, picking up enemies, throwing them into barrels, into moving fans, into other enemies. It sounds really simple and in practice it is; it does however add an amazing amount of depth, ‘replayability’ and fun to what would be an otherwise good but not superb 3rd person shooter.

So far, top stuff!
Wed 22/09/04 at 13:48
Regular
Sounds like Second Sight.
Wed 22/09/04 at 13:46
Regular
I bought this at the same time I got Riddick yet it has sat un-played for the whole time, purely because I have been busy with other stuff. A few days a go I sat down and played it... played it and played it some more.

To cut a long story short I was extremely impressed with what plays, looks and is a 'physically' outstanding game. The game handles very similar between a cross between Everything or Nothing and Manhunt with some refined character movement and a closer camera.

The game basically throws you in at the deep end, your memory is wiped, you powers taken away and then a huge cut scene opens with a battle on open lands where you are taken hostage and thrown into prison.

Your cell is opened by a mysterious woman who gives you a weapon and basically tells you to get the hell out of there. As the story unfolds you regain your memory and powers and everything is not all quite what it seems. The story is engrossing despite the game being a classic 3rd person 'shoot the f'kers' type of game with some extremely clever physics and abilities that make it stand out.

The Havoc physics are top notch and as you may be aware, they play a huge part in the game. The TK power is fantastic, picking up enemies, throwing them into barrels, into moving fans, into other enemies. It sounds really simple and in practice it is; it does however add an amazing amount of depth, ‘replayability’ and fun to what would be an otherwise good but not superb 3rd person shooter.

So far, top stuff!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.