GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefront Patch"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:04
Regular
"hulagadoo"
When I went online with battlefront I got asked to download a patch, dont know what it does yet, didnt have enough space on memory card but will post again when I find out.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Roumor has it that the patch was to divide everyone by countries.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Why cant the makers of the game just host a server on a 3MB upload?
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Think the PC dedicated games are ones that people are just hosting and not playing in.

Be warned though, to host a decent game you need a 1Mb upload. Quite a ffew folk think that means their 1MB internet will host it fine when they really only have an upload or around 256K. So some of those PC dedicated rooms are full of lag.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I downloaded the patch and then I saw a few servers saying 'PC Dedicated', dunno what it means but I managaed to play a 6v6 game, hurrah!

6v6 will do me.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Guess the beta testers failed to pick up on something or they realised when many gamers played that something didn't work as planned or was overlooked.

At least they are still doing something about it, many other games are just left as they are.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:47
Regular
Why'd they release a patch so soon? Surely this could've been included in the product.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah a friend who I play socom2 with said that he noticed the patch thing this morning, said he couldn't see any noticable things it did. He did however notice a lot more games running on better hosts with more human players which is a good sign.

The game really needs some official servers to let games be hosted on, only way the online mode will really be a success.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:04
Regular
"hulagadoo"
When I went online with battlefront I got asked to download a patch, dont know what it does yet, didnt have enough space on memory card but will post again when I find out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.