GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think I've got a solution! Tony!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 20:12
Regular
We all know that this 'Class System' doesn't work. we get Newbies spamming to become regulras because the think it will gain them some more respect. Which it doesn't. But that doesn't stop them. Now with the added "Regular Only Forum" Newbies are going to spam more and more just so they can have access to that particular forum.

Well instead of having the Class System based on number of posts and words why not have it based on how long they've actually been here??!?!?! It'll stop the spamming to become a regular as that won't have anything to do with it. Let's say you had to be here for 75 days to become a Regular.

I think this would work much better than the current system. Anyway, let me know what you think!

RBS
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
We all know that this 'Class System' doesn't work. we get Newbies spamming to become regulras because the think it will gain them some more respect. Which it doesn't. But that doesn't stop them. Now with the added "Regular Only Forum" Newbies are going to spam more and more just so they can have access to that particular forum.

Well instead of having the Class System based on number of posts and words why not have it based on how long they've actually been here??!?!?! It'll stop the spamming to become a regular as that won't have anything to do with it. Let's say you had to be here for 75 days to become a Regular.

I think this would work much better than the current system. Anyway, let me know what you think!

RBS
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I think it should just stay as it is, it shouldnt be changed. If newbies wanna be a reular and complain then there just gonna have to work hard!
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:15
I think it should be purely on respect. everyone vote the rating system for each regular. or whatevr. The amount of time isn't very good.
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
Spider II wrote:
> I think it should just stay as it is, it shouldnt be changed. If
> newbies wanna be a reular and complain then there just gonna have to
> work hard!

You're only saying that becuase you don't want to lose your Regular status. And funnily enough this proves my point exactly. Let's face it Spider, no one respects you and you've only been here (techniclly) for three days. It just goes to show that Newbies think that having Regular status earns them respect. Well it doesn't. It's the quality of the posts that matter.
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
TW: Good idea, could be used in conjunction with mine. after a certain number of days the regulars vote on wether a certain Newbie should be upgraded. If they decide no then they vote again in another ten days. The process just keeps repeating. Of copurse this does mean a hell of a lot of work for SR to start all the voting threads and to keep track of the votes.
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:22
YEa, we are a good team!
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:24
Regular
"You've upset me"
What does everyone else think?
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:26
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Stop moaning Spider they all make good points. Being a regular gets no respect. As I am showing you now. I prefered it when you were Spider 2001 then you were not so obsessed with being a regular.

}:>
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:35
Regular
"Hoo Har"
ThE DeViL wrote:
> Stop moaning Spider they all make good points. Being a regular gets
> no respect. As I am showing you now. I prefered it when you were
> Spider 2001 then you were not so obsessed with being a
> regular.

}:>

What are you talking about, you dont know me and you didnt knoww me as Spider 2001, I dont know what your talking about. I'm celebrationg cos I'm a regular today!

I'm not obsessed, your obbessesd with prodding!

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:38
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
The notables state who is worthy of being a true regular.

After all, they are the wise ones on the boards, let them decide.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.