GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Magazine's!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
Every month I get a Dreamcast magazine delivered to my door.
And sometimes I pop down to my local newsagent to get a PS2 magazine.

I read page by page, taking in every bit of information and keeping it in my head. After all the Magazines i've read i'd call my self an expert on games probly?

I often read the reviews of games in mag's and read on what they have to say and how they rate it. Because of these reviews in Mag's my choice of a game has often swayed. E.G. I was going to get the game on the DC called 18 Wheeler Pro Truker. After playing the brill demo i decided this was the game for me. The next month I had the right amount of money to get the game. I skipped to the review of 18 wheeler and there it was. The reason why I changed my decsion, A measly 5 out of 10. I thought that was phathetic and ended up getting a game that I'm happy i did, called Phantasy Star Online, this game got 9/10 and an excellent report.

After this incedent happened to me I thought , "If this magazine can just sway one person's mind and say what games you should buy and what games you shouldn't. Think what would be like if there were no magazines. And that no magazines ever exsisted." This was a scary thoguht, who know's what we could have at the top of the charts. Mortal Combat 1 could be at the top of the PSX chart (that is a horrible thoguht, but it's true).

So if you think about it Magazines have a big impact on the gaming charts, and thanks god for that!

I rember when i was younger, when i first got my PSX. I never bought magazines (well if i did i just looked at the pic's), and I had just seen the film Space Jam. I thoguht to my self, What an ace film, I might just go out and buy the game. I rember going to get it from Toys 'R' Us with my mates.
I finally got home and played on it for the rest of the day. And that was it. I never played on that game again, it was a waste of money, it was rubbish. And, boy, had i learnt a lesson. If i had of read the magazines I would of relised that this game is rubbish and that it had something like 3/10.

I never made this mistake again, and I say now that I probly have the best games on the Dreamcast that are out!

All I can say is...

Thanks God For Console magazines!

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Every month I get a Dreamcast magazine delivered to my door.
And sometimes I pop down to my local newsagent to get a PS2 magazine.

I read page by page, taking in every bit of information and keeping it in my head. After all the Magazines i've read i'd call my self an expert on games probly?

I often read the reviews of games in mag's and read on what they have to say and how they rate it. Because of these reviews in Mag's my choice of a game has often swayed. E.G. I was going to get the game on the DC called 18 Wheeler Pro Truker. After playing the brill demo i decided this was the game for me. The next month I had the right amount of money to get the game. I skipped to the review of 18 wheeler and there it was. The reason why I changed my decsion, A measly 5 out of 10. I thought that was phathetic and ended up getting a game that I'm happy i did, called Phantasy Star Online, this game got 9/10 and an excellent report.

After this incedent happened to me I thought , "If this magazine can just sway one person's mind and say what games you should buy and what games you shouldn't. Think what would be like if there were no magazines. And that no magazines ever exsisted." This was a scary thoguht, who know's what we could have at the top of the charts. Mortal Combat 1 could be at the top of the PSX chart (that is a horrible thoguht, but it's true).

So if you think about it Magazines have a big impact on the gaming charts, and thanks god for that!

I rember when i was younger, when i first got my PSX. I never bought magazines (well if i did i just looked at the pic's), and I had just seen the film Space Jam. I thoguht to my self, What an ace film, I might just go out and buy the game. I rember going to get it from Toys 'R' Us with my mates.
I finally got home and played on it for the rest of the day. And that was it. I never played on that game again, it was a waste of money, it was rubbish. And, boy, had i learnt a lesson. If i had of read the magazines I would of relised that this game is rubbish and that it had something like 3/10.

I never made this mistake again, and I say now that I probly have the best games on the Dreamcast that are out!

All I can say is...

Thanks God For Console magazines!

Sun 10/06/01 at 19:42
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
FOG? Sounds more like your autobiography Spider.

}:> I am the Devil.
Sun 10/06/01 at 19:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This demonstrates the influence that the media has over people (look at what happens when papers slam political parties, the parties votes go down). And in a way it is a good thing since as you say it helps you decide which game to buy, and stops you from buying games which are pants. But in a way i can't help but think of it as being a bad thing as well, this is because, if a magazine influences your decisions on games, then what else could it influence you to do? A scary though.
NOt really mate... (:)
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Yeah it is. I've only been to Toy'R'Us in my life. The rest has been really boring just sitting in a grey room doing nothnig but read DC magazines!

Sun 10/06/01 at 19:48
Regular
Ok Spider enough sarcasm. BUt surely you can not believe that this has anything to do with the future of gameing.

Remember no PP. Or else!

}:>
Sun 10/06/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Hoo Har"
ThE DeViL wrote:
> Ok Spider enough sarcasm. BUt surely you can not believe that this
> has anything to do with the future of gameing.

Remember no PP.
> Or else!

Of course it has something to do with gaming you idiot, you obviously didnt read it!!!

P>S. I'm now a regular, have a broke a record, I did it in 3 days!
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:09
Regular
I said the FUTURE of gaming you Tw*t spider. I guess you really are not who I thought you were. All you are is a sarcastic stats lovin' monkey lover.

Sun 10/06/01 at 20:09
Regular
I've been buying Nintendo official magazine for 4 years and I must say It makes my mind up on what I'm gonna buy.
If there were no mag's imagion what would happon, Nintendo's Zelda would of been a flop because no one took intrest in a boy with a green smurf hat. Any other ideas what would or would have happoned?
Sun 10/06/01 at 20:11
Regular
Well done Spider 2 on your promotion to being a regular.
yes u r actually one now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.