GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"warcraft rules"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:30
Regular
"World of Warcraft!"
I can't wait for WoW to come out!
Mon 04/10/04 at 15:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It'sa Blizzard game, and so far Blizzard has not dissapointed. The beta is getting a lot of praise already, and previews list exciting ferature that I can't wait to try out in the full version.
Mon 04/10/04 at 15:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> WoW will be crap becase it's a MMORPG, and the genre sucks as a whole.

Ive been sniffing around the beta forums, and it actually sounds like it could be a lot of fun. We could walk around beating people up and stealing their stuff, it would be mostly humourous.
Mon 04/10/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Done right and with the right people, MMORPGs can be a lot of fun.

Also, back on RTS, does any one remember the little gem that was Total Annihilation? What a shame TA:Kingdoms was soo bad and Cavedog went bankrupt..... I'd still love another proper TA2.
Thu 30/09/04 at 17:20
Regular
WoW will be crap becase it's a MMORPG, and the genre sucks as a whole.
Thu 30/09/04 at 11:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Presumably the reason Mathews and Dudes don't like Warcraft (that's the RTS games, as that's what I presume what they are talking about since World of Warcraft isn't even complete yet) is because you don't get to run around shooting masses of moronic aliens with big gun 'n' stuff.

Warcraft is a game of tactics, it requires you to think in order to win, not to rely on how fast you can mash the fire button. If you only think it is "Ok" or that it's "Too Boring" you obviously haven't played it enough, or don't have the brain power to play something which requires more then repetitive, boring action.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if people don't like the game, but at least form a constructive argument and at least play the game for longer than five minutes, otherwise don't bother posting here again.

And Rome: Total War is looking superb, out tomorrow as well. That's my weekend sorted.
Thu 30/09/04 at 11:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If you read the thread again you will see that the whole RTS thing came about when someone said "Warcraft is rubbish", as WoW is not even in a beta testing stage for europe i concluded that he could only be referring the the RTS series.

This was further reinforced when Mathews said that he had played the first two warcraft titles and was disapponted.

Nothing personal Neo, just pointing out your ignorance. :D
Thu 30/09/04 at 06:49
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Just to point out the ignorance of all who have replied here. World of Warcraft (WoW) is quite obviusly not an RTS. It is actually a MMORPG, from the same stable of the Diablo series. It is the most promising MMO coming out this year and beta testers have commented that it is infact extremely good. I'm not fan of thr RTS Warcraft gammes, but i'm certainly looking forward to WoW.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
RTS lineage;

Total War > Warcraft series > C&C (original) + Red Alert
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:08
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
cookie monster wrote:
> tigamilla wrote:
> Age of empires is quite good as well.
>
> I dunno, i found it a bit too slow.

Well it did get quite tedious as your empire expanded
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Rome: Total War should be a cracker though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.