GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefront is so much fun!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:23
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
It is.

I've had it since Friday and only today did I decide to properly check out the single player mode.

I was gonna set the difficulty to Easy but changed my mind and went for Medium, it was quite easy until I go to the 3rd/4th Planet on Clone Wars, then it started to get a bit funny. The AI is great, I dunno why IGN said it was pants. The 'bots are so clever and very challenging, for example :

I was going around capturing all of the Command Posts, I hardly had any 'bots left so I tried my best to avoid being seen (and that is very hard, try it). I had one more to go but it was over the other side of the map so I hopped onto my Speeder Bike thing and bombed it down the other side to find a whole line of 'Bots waiting for me! There must have been about 30 of them all waiting for me. So, I bombed it back to the base to get a bigger spaceship thing to blow them up with but when I got the Spaceship they had all spread out and there was about 50 of them, 20 on one side, 20 on the other and some others just scouting around!

Then, I thought of an idea, if I got back onto my speederbike and bombed it back to their base as there wont be any 'Bots there I could capture the Command Post, so thats what I did. But when I was capturing it about 10 'Bots bombed it back u to their base with Speederbikes and big machine things, then they killed me along with the two troops I had left.

:-(

Great fun though, I cant see myself ever getting bored with the game!

If you haven't got your PS2 online dont worry, still get the game because it's exactly the same offline as it is online, it's better offline actually.

If you haven't got this game yet, go get it!
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:51
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Surely thats means you should be able to play on the same squad (vs bots) then?
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Touched!"
fragout123 wrote:
> On the Xbox version, do you know if you can have system link co-op, or
> does it have to be split screen?

Just split Screen, the System link option is just the same as Xbox Live or PS2 Online.
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
On the Xbox version, do you know if you can have system link co-op, or does it have to be split screen?
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:11
Regular
"Touched!"
An enjoyable game especially on Xbox live, decent battles but the single player never was going to be much cop as this was designed purely with multiplayer in mind. There are at times framerate issues on the Xbox version and sometimes the lag can get annoying, but I still think it's one of the best if not the best Star Wars game to date.
Sun 26/09/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
Mmm, sounds good.

Was going to boycott it as well as the DVD set, but, oh well, as I do have £220 in the kitty I'll get it.

Expect me to be featuring in a server remotely near to you soon.

Soon-ish.
Sun 26/09/04 at 17:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I played single player. It was crap.

I played 20-player human-only on Renvar. It was brilliant.
Sun 26/09/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Braaains"
The Ai can be a bit wonky though - on the first level it can't work out it can drive through shields.
Sun 26/09/04 at 13:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I have it on XBox and its the nuts. :-) I agree about the AI and that IGN were very harsh with their comments. But saying that, they probably had an earlier code of the game. On a demo I have where you fight on Endor, a lot of bots on both sides jumped onto Speederbikes and slammed into trees. That doesn't happen anywhere near as much now and when they do crash, it tends to be from panic when you start putting them under pressure to get away. Plus the graphics really improved since the demo too and a few things were changed in the controls, etc.

Of course I've played it on XBox Live as well and its gotta be one of the best Live games. Theres just such a great buzz when 2 of you are in a Snowspeeder and you take down the ATATs together. :-) Me and this other guy paired up in a Snowspeeder while other pairs of players jumped into their Speeders too. I was flying most of the time while the other guy shot the towcable. You should have heard the celebrating when we took down the walkers. ;-)
Excellent stuff.
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:23
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
It is.

I've had it since Friday and only today did I decide to properly check out the single player mode.

I was gonna set the difficulty to Easy but changed my mind and went for Medium, it was quite easy until I go to the 3rd/4th Planet on Clone Wars, then it started to get a bit funny. The AI is great, I dunno why IGN said it was pants. The 'bots are so clever and very challenging, for example :

I was going around capturing all of the Command Posts, I hardly had any 'bots left so I tried my best to avoid being seen (and that is very hard, try it). I had one more to go but it was over the other side of the map so I hopped onto my Speeder Bike thing and bombed it down the other side to find a whole line of 'Bots waiting for me! There must have been about 30 of them all waiting for me. So, I bombed it back to the base to get a bigger spaceship thing to blow them up with but when I got the Spaceship they had all spread out and there was about 50 of them, 20 on one side, 20 on the other and some others just scouting around!

Then, I thought of an idea, if I got back onto my speederbike and bombed it back to their base as there wont be any 'Bots there I could capture the Command Post, so thats what I did. But when I was capturing it about 10 'Bots bombed it back u to their base with Speederbikes and big machine things, then they killed me along with the two troops I had left.

:-(

Great fun though, I cant see myself ever getting bored with the game!

If you haven't got your PS2 online dont worry, still get the game because it's exactly the same offline as it is online, it's better offline actually.

If you haven't got this game yet, go get it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.