GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefront is so much fun!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:23
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
It is.

I've had it since Friday and only today did I decide to properly check out the single player mode.

I was gonna set the difficulty to Easy but changed my mind and went for Medium, it was quite easy until I go to the 3rd/4th Planet on Clone Wars, then it started to get a bit funny. The AI is great, I dunno why IGN said it was pants. The 'bots are so clever and very challenging, for example :

I was going around capturing all of the Command Posts, I hardly had any 'bots left so I tried my best to avoid being seen (and that is very hard, try it). I had one more to go but it was over the other side of the map so I hopped onto my Speeder Bike thing and bombed it down the other side to find a whole line of 'Bots waiting for me! There must have been about 30 of them all waiting for me. So, I bombed it back to the base to get a bigger spaceship thing to blow them up with but when I got the Spaceship they had all spread out and there was about 50 of them, 20 on one side, 20 on the other and some others just scouting around!

Then, I thought of an idea, if I got back onto my speederbike and bombed it back to their base as there wont be any 'Bots there I could capture the Command Post, so thats what I did. But when I was capturing it about 10 'Bots bombed it back u to their base with Speederbikes and big machine things, then they killed me along with the two troops I had left.

:-(

Great fun though, I cant see myself ever getting bored with the game!

If you haven't got your PS2 online dont worry, still get the game because it's exactly the same offline as it is online, it's better offline actually.

If you haven't got this game yet, go get it!
Tue 28/09/04 at 08:49
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Coin wrote:
> Probably. Bit of a shame you own an XBox, but oh well.
>
> XBox = Evil.

Actually own everything back down to the mega-drive 1, but have the xbox demo from the sw box set.
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:11
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Coin wrote:
> Ooh, burn.
>
> PS2 lenses do suck though.
>
> Apparently all consoles who's primary color is black, are evil.
>
> Cunning.

Don't like it, tough. We bought these machines which we cant change so why complain bout them. Dont like them then go get an X-Box.
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
OMG!

Summer took her top off....

Mmmm....

Sorry, rambling, love OC.
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
Oh, my, gosh!

The OC so rocks!

Seth and Summer... So sweet! She's hot...

Sorry, watching, later.
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ooh, burn.

PS2 lenses do suck though.

Apparently all consoles who's primary color is black, are evil.

Cunning.
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:27
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Hannard wrote:
> PS2 = Lenses made by that bloke who runs the pound shop.

Get a free pair of pants with your life?

Cause you've just made a right ass out of it.
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:24
Regular
"Braaains"
PS2 = Lenses made by that bloke who runs the pound shop.
Mon 27/09/04 at 18:14
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
This isnt an X-Box forum. Yeah we know the X-Box is better so go away.
Mon 27/09/04 at 17:55
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Coin wrote:
> XBox = Evil.

Not really.

Xbox = Evil.
PS2 = Evil
Cube = Cute.

:P
Mon 27/09/04 at 16:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
Probably. Bit of a shame you own an XBox, but oh well.

XBox = Evil.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.