GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MMORPG"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/09/04 at 00:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Possibly getting one.

Depends on how more bored I get in the next few months.

FFXI?
EVE?
Galaxies?
Everquest.....II?

I don't care, which ever's best.

IF I can be arsed.
Wed 13/10/04 at 14:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mav wrote:
> Mass player battles sounds very nice.
>
> Is it real time or turn based?

Real time, hopefully employing a much better combat system than in game like Star Wars Galaxies that had you double clicking on an enemy before running around in circles while your character randomly shot at target every few second. That game was a bit of a disappointment though.
Mon 11/10/04 at 23:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If i get it i will probably go undead, as it's my favourite side in the RTS.
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:23
Regular
Mass player battles sounds very nice.

Is it real time or turn based?
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A MMORPG set around the Warcraft games. You can play as either the Alliance (The good Guys) and choose to be either a human, elf, Dwarf or Gnome, or instead opt to play as the Hoard (which is what I'll be choosing) and walk around as either an Orc, Tauren, Troll or one of the Undead.

Basically the game pits these two factions each other in an old, familiar fantasy setting. Each faction has a safe habitat for which to reside, while also able to go about and explore the vast lands around them, while partaking in the occasional mass Player Vs Player combat. You can even roam around as a ghost when you die as apposed to instantly re-spawning, and chat with other player's ghosts who aren't seen by the living.

So far everything out of the BETA has been nothing but praise, and the game is shaping up to be something quite special. [URL]http://www.blizzard.com/wow/[/URL]
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:01
Regular
Hm... so what's World of Warcraft about?
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mav wrote:
> Mav wrote:
> What's WoW?

World of Warcraft. Developed by Blizzard, and as far as games go, they have yet to release one that's disappointed me. Admittedly they don't seem to develop much outside of their Warcraft/Starcraft franchises, but WoW is looking like one fine MMORPG, and I'm not usually excited about that particular genre.

> Anyone know when The Matrix Online and Middle Earth Online are coming
> out?

Not until next year it seems. January 2005 for The Matrix while February 2005 is the best (and possibly inaccurate) estimate I can get for Middle Earth Online.
Sat 09/10/04 at 17:14
Regular
Mav wrote:
> What's WoW?
>
> The Matrix Online looks good.

Anyone know when The Matrix Online and Middle Earth Online are coming out?
Thu 07/10/04 at 19:15
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Everquest.....II?
>
> I don't care, which ever's best.

I played EQ1 for 4 years, LOVED it! I'd recommend EQ2 if your PC has the specs (and they're pretty high) =P

If I wasn't a student I'd be extremely interested in getting it but I know it'll take up ALL of my time.
Wed 06/10/04 at 23:03
Regular
What's WoW?

The Matrix Online looks good.
Wed 06/10/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
I'm currently playing Ultima Online which I'm enjoying loads, you can download the 15 day trial version of age of shadows from various internet sites and then play the game forever on pirated Ultima shards, or if you don't fancy that then there's an UMMORPG (Ultra massive multiplayer online RPG, where the ultra means it supports more than 10,000 [on one single shard/server] people at a time 11,000 odd at the moment) called Wish 2.0 where they're accepting BETA applications for you to test the game on December 1st.

www.mutabelrealms.com if you would like to join.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.