GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notables and Regulars here NOW!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 16:04
Regular
I think that the Notables should have the power to delete stupid topics, but this should go to a selected few only like tony etc.

you have to sort this out for the sake of the FOG!

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:50
Oh yeah, and Tony can you have a look at my competition suggestions. Not many people seem to be having a go, which is good for my chances I guess, still, a little feedback would be nice. It's lonely in that post!
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:49
You should have guards that are able to chuck people out of the prime if they post rubbish. Also, in order to get the discussions heading in one way or another, why not include a 'theme for the week' i.e, 'graphics' 'music in games' and especially topics, regarding the future of gaming, this would also help you to select the GAD winner. Do you see?
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:46
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Oh well, at least people seem to be coming around to my views on splitting the FOG.

I'll give the other matters some consideration.

Overall, I think the key is to protect the prime topics forum, so I'll have a think about how to do that.
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:40
Thing is Tony, what is the way of the FOG? If it's losing it's 'way' then how will new members know what to do? There should be an 'Ask Dan2K1' forum whereby anyone can ask relevant questions, and I would be happy to answer them. For example:

'How do I change my name'

I would give the answer.

Another example:

'Why haven't I won a game for ages?'

Answer: Because you've only just signed up yesterday.

See?

It'd work.
Tony, check the 'easy extra GAD' I have put a lot of new comps in.
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:35
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I have used my power wisely, young Furrybreath. I have given your posts capitals and punctuation, and corrected your spelling.

Foulbreath is welcome on these forums. I have even corrected your word "FOg" to "The FOG" for you. You are young. You will learn.

My final message to Feistybreath is this: Those who have been here only two days should defer to older, wiser heads, until they have mastered "the way of the FOG".
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Thats true GP, I made a topic called "Gaming for Older Generations" And many people rated it, but then it was out psted by the likes of "I'm not a Newbie yet!" or "I'm going now!"

Lets get rid of the pointless posts!

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:29
Regular
"Sexy Mexican Worker"
if anything it has to be FOG or FoG
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:26
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
What is with this 'FOg' business... it's FOG or maybe FoG not FOg.....

Now then....

Game
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
People just keep making new topics which are stupid so all the good topics get lost in the endless list of useless topics.
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:13
Regular
"Sexy Mexican Worker"
people are always moaning though - if they dont like it they dont have to read the link

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.