GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Outrun 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/09/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Touched!"
Just wondered if anyone is bothering with this? It's out on friday and I think I'm going to hang on a week until I get my big paycheck before getting this. I've been playing the demo a little and I'm pretty impressed with the Live play, hopefully some of you lot on will pick this up at some point, it's about time a classic arcade game was playable on Live.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:50
Regular
"Touched!"
Lou Role wrote:
> May get this, may not. It hasn't had great reviews, and one of my
> mates got a 'copy' last week and said it was pretty poor.

All of the reviews I've seen including Edge have given it an 8 or a 9.
Sun 03/10/04 at 03:16
Regular
"8==="
If I can destroy my fellow players then it's a small possibility.
Sun 03/10/04 at 00:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
May get this, may not. It hasn't had great reviews, and one of my mates got a 'copy' last week and said it was pretty poor.
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:35
Regular
"Touched!"
Picked this up earlier, been on it 6 hours or so and I'm just about halfway through it I think. It's getting tougher but I'm enjoying it, especially with the inclusion of the classic music and you can even unlock the original. Loving it but the Live play is laggy sometimes which is annoying but I'm a massive fan of the first game so I was bound to love this.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:53
Regular
Pretty much.

They obviously take bribes, too.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:40
Regular
The Times are a bit fat pile of dong when it comes to computer game reviews.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:39
Regular
Got a pretty naff review in The Times.

Although they're not really to be trusted.
Tue 28/09/04 at 15:40
Regular
Rainbow Six? The PC versions have always geared towards the single player, the dumbed down console ports had to focus online to draw in casual gamers.

My point still stands though and in the case of those games I usually choose to ignore them, ala Battlefront. If they don't have worthy single players I don't go near unless I have an offline equivalent like Metroid or Skies of Arcadia which totally focus' on the single player aspects.

Even with Rainbow Six 3 though, I completed the offline mode around 5 times and then Terrorist hunt around 3, on Elite.
Tue 28/09/04 at 14:47
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> that applies to any
> game, always has and always will.

Counter-Strike?

Rainbow 6?

Unreal Championship?
Tue 28/09/04 at 14:19
Regular
Biggest part online play? Hardly, online play is purely the crem dela crem, the meat and bones is in the single player, that applies to any game, always has and always will.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.