GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, this AIDS man..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/11/05 at 09:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Nobody mentioned this yet, I'm surprised. Anyway, for those that have been under rocks all weekend, some bloke in the UK appears to have naturally shrugged off HIV. That is; his blood test was HIV-positive in 2002, but came back negative in late 2003. And now we're being told to be cautious of the claims, so it's looking increasingly like there's been a blunder somewhere. He also doesn't want to be studied, which makes me think back to the Magical No-Memory Piano Man From Yonder The Seas.
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:37
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I don't think anyone did anything wrong, we all just thought someone else did.
Tue 15/11/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hang on, what did I do now?
Tue 15/11/05 at 15:43
Regular
"respect my che"
Ah I see, here is the crossed wire my friend:

"Ahh proved right :)" Was not directed at you, it was directed at nobody really, but if anyone it would have been Monkey Man. And it wasn't a sarcastic or flammatory comment, it was simply saying, "ah I'm not the only one who thought he was saying X instead of Y."

Gah I'm useless at explaining things :D
Tue 15/11/05 at 15:14
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Oh, I don't object to that, I objected to the "ah, proved right," which was essentially a "You tried to be clever and failed." But like I said, it was a genuine question, not an attempt to show anyone up.
Tue 15/11/05 at 15:09
Regular
"respect my che"
> Monkey Man: Y
> Me: Careful, that could be construed as X.
> Monkey Man: You know what I meant.
> You: Isn't X what he meant?
> Me: Nope, see Monkey Man, I'm right- sounds like X not Y.

happy days.
Tue 15/11/05 at 15:01
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Pedantic:

Like a pedant, overly concerned with formal rules and trivial points of learning.

Being showy of one's knowledge, often in a boring manner.

Often used to describe a person who emphasizes their knowledge through the use of vocabulary.

Synonyms:

doctrinaire
fussy
nit-picky
ostentatious
pretentious

Just incase you didn't know.

I certainally didn't and still don't........
Tue 15/11/05 at 14:54
Regular
"respect my che"
I didn't say that you were sarcastic. I said you were pedantic. Which you are. Also note the smiley which would indicate no bad feeling. If you were being a grump because you were tired thats not a problem, just don't come attacking me, I explained what I meant.
Tue 15/11/05 at 14:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Maolin Shonks wrote:
> I misunderstood what he wrote originally, and told him it sounded
> worse than what he actually meant, he said 'you know what i meant'.
> Now you came on and said 'eerr isn't that what hes saying?'

It was a genuine question, you pillock, not sarcasm. At the time it sounded to me like:

Monkey Man: X
You: Careful, that could be construed as X.
Tue 15/11/05 at 14:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
monkey_man wrote:

> Oh just shut up everyone, Eddie Guerrero is dead and all you can
> talk about is crap like this?!?!

*Sighs*
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:47
Regular
"respect my che"
LOL thanks Cycloon

Believe it or not, not every forum is filled with pedanticity; just the ones with people who love the sound of their voice/keystrokes. :)

I'm waiting for someone to pull apart the spelling, meaning and morals of this message now ;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.