GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Furious"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/11/05 at 15:02
Regular
I just went on a night out in London. We went, via Limo, into the heart of the capital, we had a meal and went to a bar and then to a strip club (not my idea but wasn't complaining).

8 of us went for my best friends birthday.

Now before we entered the strip club, 5 of us crossed the street whilst the other 3 kept walking. I gave them a call and they said "nah we don't wanna go mate".

We went it. As it happened we had a good time. Bought craig a lapdance. All a good laugh.

But my anger of the 3 that stormed off has grown and grown and grown over the last 12 hours.

Craig didn't seem to mind too much. But I did. 3 of his friends come down in a limo he paid for and had a meal he paid for and then ditched him. Would you go out for a mates birthday and then ditch him?

Perhaps they really were against the strip club idea. The thing is 2 of them were certainly up for it earlier and they didn't say anything. They never said they didn't want to go, they never said could we not go to a different club. They walked around looking for it. found it. and then left us.

They didn't even say they weren't gonna go.

One of them was being a right pain all night. Constantly demanding what music should be played in the limo, what films should be show, where the beer should be and drinking all of craig's champagne.

Bah, had to get that off my chest. I text them exactly how I feel. Now I'm just angry.

Ever suffered anything similar here?
Mon 14/11/05 at 18:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Done that to a "friend" in the past. Expected a fight but he just left the pub and I've not spoken to him since.
Mon 14/11/05 at 18:05
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
Hehe!! im lucky in the fact that we're not as close, probably due to the fact that i pinted out the fact that they had the tendancy to be self obsessd, insular, arrogant assholes!!
Mon 14/11/05 at 17:58
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Me too! They still regard me as a friend but the feelings not mutual....
Mon 14/11/05 at 17:48
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
Thats the thing though! I refrained from calling them 'friends' as, although i sometimes associate with them, quite frankly i dont think id pee on them if they were on fire!! :D
Mon 14/11/05 at 17:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
GingerD wrote:

> I find it a constant source of frustrtion; I find it hard to accept
> that people can go through life not giving a toss for anything but
> themselves. I have experienced it myself with people I know, and it
> really bugs me.

Unfortunately I know quite a few people like that. Ex friends now.
>
> At the end of the day though, its not the best way to win friends and
> influence people, and in the very long run, theyll lose out. People
> will eventually work them out and they will have no friends. So
> there!!

Thankfully that has come to fruition to the people I know.
Mon 14/11/05 at 17:40
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
That has happened to me many, many times!

I think the main thing we have to realise is that there some people in this world that are, and always will be, out for number one. Its quite a dim view of humanity, but sadly its true.Dont get me wrong, im not trying to preach, merely sympathizing - Ive been there!

So, they had a nice FREE meal, a nice FREE limo ride - thats their evening sorted then. The thought probably didnt enter their heads that they ought to put themselves out maybe just a little bit for their friends birthday, especially after all the things he had done for them.

I find it a constant source of frustrtion; I find it hard to accept that people can go through life not giving a toss for anything but themselves. I have experienced it myself with people I know, and it really bugs me.

At the end of the day though, its not the best way to win friends and influence people, and in the very long run, theyll lose out. People will eventually work them out and they will have no friends. So there!! :D
Mon 14/11/05 at 16:48
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm wound up at the moment knowing Forest will soon be out of the FA Cup no doubt - then I'll be furious and sorry I won't be able to help it!
Mon 14/11/05 at 16:41
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> Displayed wrote:
>
> Dont get "furious" about it!
>
> Sorry I'll just get "wound up"

good :)
Mon 14/11/05 at 12:03
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Black Glove wrote:
> The thought of receiving a lapdance makes me cringe. Likewise
> strippers. It's all to brazen and contrived to be sexy.

I've been in strip clubs but never had a lapdance and don't really want one as I can get them for free from the missis.

Some mates went to Prague in the summer and spent literally £300 in 4 days on strippers, they really need to get girlfriends!
Mon 14/11/05 at 11:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Duck Fish wrote:
> Maybe, but you'd have had fun if she was up for it

If only. She's not that open ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.