GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£100 million OR total happiness for the rest of your life?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/12/06 at 21:05
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
What would you rather have
£100 million OR total happiness for the rest of your life?

If i offered you £100 million in one hand and total happiness in the other what would you take, and why.
Tue 12/12/06 at 01:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'd rather have the £100mil and try and use to to make me happy instead of just being given happiness on a plate for nothing.
Tue 12/12/06 at 01:37
Regular
I'd give the £100mil away to charity and try and have a happy life on my own =) All I need is a wonderful partner, a beautiful family and I'm the happiest man alive.
Tue 12/12/06 at 01:51
Regular
"8==="
Probably depends on how long you've got to live.

If you're only going to be happy for 3 days and then die...
Tue 12/12/06 at 12:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Seen this question loads of times, one thing always bothers me about it. Surely total happiness has to include being rich anyway? Material gains & losses contributes to happiness. I dont think you're going to keep anybody totally happy unless you remove all financial burdens from them, ie no more bills to pay, no more not being able to afford that nice car/yacht/mansion. :)

Even so I'd still just take the money. As MJ already said being miserable is part of the human experience and I'm not sure I'd want to give up the possibility to be miserable and/or to have setbacks in life.
Tue 12/12/06 at 12:54
Regular
Money please.

And anyone who says they'd give the lot to charity is talking balls. As usual.
Tue 12/12/06 at 12:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:
> I'd give the £100mil away to charity and try and have a
> happy life on my own =) All I need is a wonderful partner, a
> beautiful family and I'm the happiest man alive.

A wonderful partner and a beautiful family isnt always happiness though!
Tue 12/12/06 at 12:58
Regular
i'm quite happy with my life anyway so I think I'll choose the hundred million. Buy my self some gold shoes.
Tue 12/12/06 at 13:02
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
tnc wrote:
> £100 mill = total happiness

Wrong, i think you could have all the money in the world and still be unhappy. Money HELPS with alot of things but it doesnt buy happiness.
Tue 12/12/06 at 13:04
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> All I need is a wonderful partner, a
> beautiful family and I'm the happiest man alive.

Why do you need beauty in your family but not in your partner? :P
Tue 12/12/06 at 13:05
Regular
Someone could totally buy my love with money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.