GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England Vs Argentina - your predictions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/11/05 at 19:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I say 3-1 to England with Terry, Owen and hmmm...Lampard/Crouch scoring for England.

I stand by my comment during the last World Cup that England stand a good chance this time around.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Blank wrote:

> And Poborsky better than Beckham? Sure, that's why Beckham plays for
> the world's most successful club in the history of the game, whereas
> Poborsky plays for Sparta Prague. How many times have Sparta won the
> European Cup in recent years? Scratch that, how many times ever?

Beckham is by far better than Poborsky.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:32
Regular
Here here.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> a more balanced midfield (but Poborsky is better
> than Beckham, Nedved better than Lampard and Galasek better than
> King. Can't really compare Rosicky and Stevie - but they're both
> awesome)

You can't compare Rosicky to Gerrard, but you can compare Poborsky to Beckham, Nedved to Lampard, and Galasek to King? Get out. Poborsky is a winger, and as I've said quite literally a few times before, Beckham isn't. He happens to play on the side of midfield. In Pro Evo terms, he's an SMF, not a WF. Nedved and Rosicky are both AMF's, Gerrard and Lampard are CMF's. Galasek is a defensive midfielder, but he likes to get forward much more than King does. King plays central defender every week, Galasek doesn't.

And Poborsky better than Beckham? Sure, that's why Beckham plays for the world's most successful club in the history of the game, whereas Poborsky plays for Sparta Prague. How many times have Sparta won the European Cup in recent years? Scratch that, how many times ever?

P.S. Neither Baros nor Koller are as prolific as Owen.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dringo wrote:
> Fergie and Souness will be delighted at how Rooney and Owen played.
> Big boost to their confidence and may kick start their season good
> and proper. Owen is proving to be a real star thus far for the toon
> army.

Yeah it can only be good for their clubs.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:15
Regular
Fergie and Souness will be delighted at how Rooney and Owen played. Big boost to their confidence and may kick start their season good and proper. Owen is proving to be a real star thus far for the toon army.

On a side note of the game... I believe the turning point wasn't the loss of players for Argentina but the inclusion of Peter Crouch. Once he was in the box he drew all the defenders to him as they didn't know what to do with him.

Leaving Owen to get some headers in. I really appreciated the affect crouch has for England.
Sun 13/11/05 at 17:42
Regular
"not dead"
or†ega!!!!! wrote:
Dont
> think fergie will be too happy aboout Rooney playing 90 mins of a
> friendly, or souness with Owen playing 90 mins considering
> Newcastle's injury problems.

Only seems to be midweek internationals that get affected due to such things.

Given that there's a full week before the next game, I doubt he'll be too bothered, especially as the impact he had on the game will do his confidence no harm at all.

Ronaldo, however, playing two friendlies with Portugal, he wasn't too pleased about.
Sun 13/11/05 at 15:54
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I bet he'll go to Germany.
Sun 13/11/05 at 15:52
Regular
Yeah, Nedved said he was only gonna come back for the two games in the playoffs.

Could change his mind though i guess. Getting on a bit at 33 though.

Riquelme going off was probably more down to club commitments. Dont think fergie will be too happy aboout Rooney playing 90 mins of a friendly, or souness with Owen playing 90 mins considering Newcastle's injury problems.
Sun 13/11/05 at 12:49
Regular
And on the Czech Repub, wasn't Nedved only returning for the play-offs? I'm sure he said he wouldn't be going to Germany.
Sun 13/11/05 at 12:46
Regular
Oh, and about Riquelme coming off, after watching the highlights on Sky I'd say it was mostly because he was being completely nullified after Lampard and Gerrard moved into the centre.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.