GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Royal Rumble..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/11/05 at 15:56
Regular
Seeing as were coming up to the end of the year, its round about now that the WWE start to push someone into the main event limelight ready for a Royal Rumble victory. Usually its pretty obvious who this will be (Batista, Benoit before and so on...) but currently, I don't see anyone on either roster thats worth having win the Royal Rumble.

Its an unwritten rule that a face should win a Rumble as its suppose to be a celebration of their acheivements at the end of the night (i.e. your not going to cheer Triple H as a heel winning the rumble), but with both champions currently being faces, what are the WWE going to do?

The first name that springs to mind is Angle, having never won a Rumble before, coming up to retirement soon due to his neck and quite obviously being the best damn wrestler in the business today, he seems the only logical choice. But would the win as a Heel work?

Other possibilitys: - The return of Jericho and the win at the Rumble? Unlikely, what with Trips influence, Benoit? US Champ, won it before, Triple H? quite possible and a return match with Batista? Guerrero? Again, quite possible, but I don't see how it would work with Batista as champ, Michaels? Won it before and not in his prime anymore. Other contenders are Edge and JBL, but the latter of two just doesn't work as he's not over enough.

So my question to you is, who do you think the Royal Rumble winner will be in 2006?
Fri 11/11/05 at 23:42
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Right, I had a long post explaining why Angle would work as the Rumble winner, but it got deleted when I had to go back to correct my post for "abusive language" BAH!

In brief:
-Angle's win could and would work in a similar way to HBK's first Rumble win(look it up, kids)
-HBK's first win was a wonderfully worked angle. Vince should learn from it.(sorry, too busy to rewrite how and why it was brilliantly worked)
Fri 11/11/05 at 22:00
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Mysterio has been pushed against people recently.

He always lasts a ong time in battle royals and the last royal rumble. I think he is one of the shortest blokes but one of the ones people would like to see in the title frame. I remember before Palmer Cannon interuppted Theodore Long, Long was about to announce Mysterio as number one contender, when Cannon said Guerrero instead.

Im thinking if Batista does give the title up for his surgery, someone like Orton may win it and then that would leave the door open for a face to win the Rumble and get a shot at him?
Fri 11/11/05 at 19:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
That woul certainally be a change.
Fri 11/11/05 at 19:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mysterio.
Fri 11/11/05 at 16:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'd really like The Undertaker to win it as it's really his last big thing to win.

I think the winner will be a first timer though, I'll go for Guerrero.
Fri 11/11/05 at 15:56
Regular
Seeing as were coming up to the end of the year, its round about now that the WWE start to push someone into the main event limelight ready for a Royal Rumble victory. Usually its pretty obvious who this will be (Batista, Benoit before and so on...) but currently, I don't see anyone on either roster thats worth having win the Royal Rumble.

Its an unwritten rule that a face should win a Rumble as its suppose to be a celebration of their acheivements at the end of the night (i.e. your not going to cheer Triple H as a heel winning the rumble), but with both champions currently being faces, what are the WWE going to do?

The first name that springs to mind is Angle, having never won a Rumble before, coming up to retirement soon due to his neck and quite obviously being the best damn wrestler in the business today, he seems the only logical choice. But would the win as a Heel work?

Other possibilitys: - The return of Jericho and the win at the Rumble? Unlikely, what with Trips influence, Benoit? US Champ, won it before, Triple H? quite possible and a return match with Batista? Guerrero? Again, quite possible, but I don't see how it would work with Batista as champ, Michaels? Won it before and not in his prime anymore. Other contenders are Edge and JBL, but the latter of two just doesn't work as he's not over enough.

So my question to you is, who do you think the Royal Rumble winner will be in 2006?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.