GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Royal Rumble..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/11/05 at 15:56
Regular
Seeing as were coming up to the end of the year, its round about now that the WWE start to push someone into the main event limelight ready for a Royal Rumble victory. Usually its pretty obvious who this will be (Batista, Benoit before and so on...) but currently, I don't see anyone on either roster thats worth having win the Royal Rumble.

Its an unwritten rule that a face should win a Rumble as its suppose to be a celebration of their acheivements at the end of the night (i.e. your not going to cheer Triple H as a heel winning the rumble), but with both champions currently being faces, what are the WWE going to do?

The first name that springs to mind is Angle, having never won a Rumble before, coming up to retirement soon due to his neck and quite obviously being the best damn wrestler in the business today, he seems the only logical choice. But would the win as a Heel work?

Other possibilitys: - The return of Jericho and the win at the Rumble? Unlikely, what with Trips influence, Benoit? US Champ, won it before, Triple H? quite possible and a return match with Batista? Guerrero? Again, quite possible, but I don't see how it would work with Batista as champ, Michaels? Won it before and not in his prime anymore. Other contenders are Edge and JBL, but the latter of two just doesn't work as he's not over enough.

So my question to you is, who do you think the Royal Rumble winner will be in 2006?
Tue 15/11/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
The Wardy wrote:
> Person Wins Title
> Person usually defends a few times (except Orton)
> Person loses title
> Person gets a rematch, always loses
> Person out of Title frame for a long time (see Benoit)
> No more title shots (unless your name is Triple H)
>
> I think that basically covers it.

Except for people like HBK who have been consistantly(bar a career threatening injury) in the title picture since losing the it.
Mon 14/11/05 at 22:18
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Person Wins Title
Person usually defends a few times (except Orton)
Person loses title
Person gets a rematch, always loses
Person out of Title frame for a long time (see Benoit)
No more title shots (unless your name is Triple H)

I think that basically covers it.
Mon 14/11/05 at 20:24
Regular
"Paid, Laid n Made"
i agree everytime a superstar that gets a push and a match for the title its always the same

he will lose n lose every rematch he gets and we wont hear of him as a championship contender, then he will either quit or get another title shot and win the title.

its almost predictable

also i like this idea for the elimination survivor series
Sun 13/11/05 at 17:31
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Yeah this conversation seems very weird now after finding out he's dead.
Sun 13/11/05 at 17:23
Regular
"..."
Well, none of that;s going to happen now. Unfortunately.
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The Wardy wrote:
> If i saw correctly after Smackdown it said there is a triple threat
> this week of Orton Vs Guerrero Vs Batista for the title.
>
> May be the match in which he loses the title.

Yeah there is, if he does lose it I bet Guerrero wins it and someone takes his place on the Survivor Series team, probably Kennedy who lost to him.
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:20
Regular
The Wardy wrote:
> If i saw correctly after Smackdown it said there is a triple threat
> this week of Orton Vs Guerrero Vs Batista for the title.
>
> May be the match in which he loses the title.

Hmmm, possibly with Eddie winning the title as Ortons facing Taker at SS in a buried alive match.
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:19
Regular
I'd really like to see Benoit and Eddie as the final two in the Rumble and then have Eddie win, but I doubt that will happen.

As for Mysterio, his recent push has sorta propelled him to the stage where he could win the Rumble, but if he then went on to win the World Title it'd be stupid.

Edit - Benoit will probably be facing Booker T at the Rumble though, ruling him out of a spot... meh.
Sun 13/11/05 at 09:50
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If i saw correctly after Smackdown it said there is a triple threat this week of Orton Vs Guerrero Vs Batista for the title.

May be the match in which he loses the title.
Sat 12/11/05 at 12:44
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The Wardy wrote:

> Im thinking if Batista does give the title up for his surgery,
> someone like Orton may win it and then that would leave the door open
> for a face to win the Rumble and get a shot at him?

If the title is vacated one possibility is that the winner of the Rumble could be declared the new champion like Flair was after he won the 92 Rumble after the Undertaker was stripped of the title. You could say that it doesn't matter if it's a RAW or Smackdown superstar but if a RAW star were to win it they would have to move to Smackdown. It would mean having no champ for 2 months but the build up could be fantastic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.