GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hedfix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/11/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That's it, you're permanently ignored. I used to think there was some hope for you but no, there is none.

I hope this extra bit of attention helps you finish off.
Fri 11/11/05 at 18:45
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Goaty left after comments on one thread? What was it about?
Fri 11/11/05 at 18:09
So, same old then.
Fri 11/11/05 at 17:51
Regular
"8==="
Oh the thread in which Goaty left?

Might've had something to do with my link to a definition of 'black humour' which mentioned Bill Hicks at the bottom.

Then again maybe it didn't.

He's a good laugh on Live regardless.
Fri 11/11/05 at 16:02
Regular
I'm glad it was a happy ending :-)

Mine didn't turn out that way. Goaty hasn't been back since as far as I'm aware, and Light made his feelings quite plain as well.

Anyway, I'd rather not dwell on that.

So. Dubya. What an idiot, eh?
Fri 11/11/05 at 15:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
It does to me; the amount of times I got my ass handed to me on a plate simply because I refused to deviate from my original position in the face of all the evidence was ridiculous. Eventually I learned that it wasn't remotely humiliating to admit "Y'know what? maybe I don't know it all". Whereas constantly bleating how everyone was being so unfair was somewhere beyond embarrassing...
Fri 11/11/05 at 15:56
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Your Honour wrote:
> "bite my tongue and correct it."
>
> That's the thing. As long as you learn from it, it can only be good.
> Sure, you may write (or in my case draw) something not so good, but
> you learn and next time you don't make the same mistake.
>
> Same as on here. Say something wrong, for whatever reason, or
> generally act like a tool and people point it out to you. So next
> time you're in a bad mood or whatever, you make sure you don't make
> the same mistake again.
>
> Does any of that actually make sense?

Yep about 2 months ago I went and did a full blown booze fuelled rant at snake10, going as far to create a new thread to get maximum exposure. It was on the harsh side, he was posting a few comments without really looking at facts beforehand and after being wound up by all the just arriveds posting rubbish (this was in the school holidys by the way) my rage all came out directed unfairly at him.

We've made up now though.
Fri 11/11/05 at 15:36
Regular
"bite my tongue and correct it."

That's the thing. As long as you learn from it, it can only be good. Sure, you may write (or in my case draw) something not so good, but you learn and next time you don't make the same mistake.

Same as on here. Say something wrong, for whatever reason, or generally act like a tool and people point it out to you. So next time you're in a bad mood or whatever, you make sure you don't make the same mistake again.

Does any of that actually make sense?
Fri 11/11/05 at 15:18
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Your Honour wrote:

> Yup, have to do it sometimes at work with a design. It's the hardest
> thing in the world to step back from something you've drawn up* and
> look at all its faults.
>
> *Same goes for something that's been said or written or anything.

I used to do it at University all the time. Would write an essay and read it through and realise it was a piece of rubbish, throw a strop and stomp off to do something else and start again a while later. Still do get upset at rubbish I produce but now I bite my tongue and correct it.
Fri 11/11/05 at 15:06
Regular
Light wrote:
> Aye, true enough. Hardest thing is always to acknowledge ones own
> failings. Been there myself. Looks like Hedfix is still some way off.

Yup, have to do it sometimes at work with a design. It's the hardest thing in the world to step back from something you've drawn up* and look at all its faults.

*Same goes for something that's been said or written or anything.
Fri 11/11/05 at 15:00
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hedfix wrote:

> Ignore button folks, it's there for a reason.

For the 17365839278 time....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.