GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"eBay sucks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/11/05 at 07:13
Regular
"Mozzy"
It has been for quite a while now, but especially the last 2-3 weeks. I've been trying to sell my phone on eBay but the winning bidder is always a Nigerian scammer.

Is it possible to block bidders with lets say less than 5 feedback? I know its possible to block feedback with less than 0 feedback but im not sure about 5.

At least then I know that when my phone sells its most probably not a scammer.

Cheers.
Fri 11/11/05 at 14:09
Regular
"..."
Good Day Ashle,

I am much interested in buying your item. Please let me know final bid so I can paid this straight away. My prefered method of payment is dodgydavestransactions.com and would like you to ship immediately to:-

Nwankwo Subaru,
27 Slum Square
Brazzaville,
Democratic Republic of Congo

Much thanks for your understanding.
Fri 11/11/05 at 14:04
Regular
"Mozzy"
Thanks Ortega, i've just added that feature and relisted my item.

So how exactly does it work? Will the interested buyer just e-mail me if they want to buy the item?
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:34
Regular
ashley, try this [URL]http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PreApproveBidders[/URL]
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:30
"possibly impossible"
I'm just annoyed by ebay when I sell 3 dvds and get £1.99 for them all.

Bah!
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:28
Regular
Oh, can't help you on that one then - I've never sold through eBay, I just know such a feature exists...
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:26
Regular
"Mozzy"
I would try it, but I cant find the feature. :(
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:23
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> Isn't there a feature to only sell to pre-approved bidders only? That
> way, they have to email you before they can bid.
>
> Don't how it fully works though, I just assume that's the idea.

Have you tried this? It might solve it since they have to contact you first.
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Mozzy"
Wookie, i've tried that but the Nigerians are clever - they register fake addresses on eBay and then send you the Nigerian address via e-mail.

This is one reason why eBay suck. Why allow people to register fake addresses??

Paypal suck too.
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
Although i've seen a load of sellers listed as, Item Location: Hong Kong, United Kingdom.
Fri 11/11/05 at 12:55
"High polygon count"
Go to your 'My eBay' page. In the 'Preferences' section, look for 'Buyer requirements', click on 'edit' and tick the box next to where it says 'Block buyers who are registered in countries to which I don't ship.'

Then when you set up the auction, tick the boxes only for the countries you're willing to send it to, or make it a UK-only auction. Then the Nigerian scammers can't bid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.