GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TNA iMPACT! (game) announced"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/11/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Ow Yer"
Midway Games today announced that it has signed an exclusive worldwide, multi-year agreement with TNA Entertainment to publish videogames based on Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

Under the terms of the agreement, Midway has the rights to develop and publish games for the console, handheld and PC platforms. The first TNA Wrestling product is scheduled to ship in 2007 for current generation game systems.

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling is the future of sports entertainment. TNA iMPACT! airs exclusively on SpikeTV on Saturdays from 11 PM midnight ET/PT with an encore on Mondays at midnight ET/PT. In addition to the weekly show, TNA Wrestling also produces a monthly pay-per-view special where its top stars such as Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash and Rhino compete in, above and beyond the signature six-sided ring.

"TNA Wrestling is one of the fastest growing and most exciting forms of sports entertainment available today," said David F. Zucker, president and CEO, Midway. "It֒s fast, powerful and cutting-edge in both presentation and style. We are very pleased to be working with TNA and look forward to leveraging our expertise in the fighting game genre to create the most compelling wrestling experience yet."

"Our brand of wrestling is perfectly suited to videogames and Midway is the perfect company to create them," said Dixie Carter, president, TNA Entertainment. "We are very excited about this collaboration and the opportunity to expand TNA Wrestling to a new medium."

TNA iMPACT! is set to be the most complete wrestling videogame to date. Featuring top talent such as Raven, Jeff Jarrett, Monty Brown, Rhino, Christopher Daniels, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles and more, TNA iMPACT! will deliver all of the excitement and action of the top-rated weekly television show.

wohoo cant wait to get this!

sorry if its old news
Mon 14/11/05 at 12:40
Regular
1996/1997.
Mon 14/11/05 at 12:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Never played in your house I think it's probably the only wrestling game I've not played! What period is it from?
Mon 14/11/05 at 11:16
Regular
That and In Your House were excellent.
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Got that on PS1 - when Yokozuna gets hit legs of lamb fly out everywhere and Bam Bam Bigelow sets people on fire. Great game!
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:27
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Wrestlemania - the arcade game.

loads of fun!! everyone had really daft moves, Undertaker had fireballs, Yokozuna span people round and heaved them out the righ, Lex Lugers arm turned into a giant spikey mace.

it had everything really :D
Sat 12/11/05 at 15:18
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A wrestling game crossed with Mortal Kombat - oh the possibilities!
Fri 11/11/05 at 01:32
Regular
"you've got a beard"
.... i'd totally buy that game.
face-rippingly good fun.
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Midway eh?
I can picture it now:
Raven delivers a decisive Evenflow DDT on Jarrett. JJ looks dazed, and the words "Finish Him!" flash up on the screen. A few button presses later, Raven rips Jarrett's face off, wears it as a mask, and proceeds to do a little jig around the ring.
Tenay:"OH MY GOD! WHAT A FATALITY!"

I can't wait!
Thu 10/11/05 at 20:54
Regular
Lets face it, It'll be crap and maybe if were lucky, it'll be average.

This is MIDWAY we are talking about after all...
Thu 10/11/05 at 20:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Very_Metal wrote:

> the first endeavours included the "waynes world" and
> "home alone" games for the snes and they pretty much sucked
> up until smackdown arrived.

I remember the slating those games got way back then. I think the TNA game has great potential, for example they could come up with a different control system and the 6 sided ring will be a first for a wrestling game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.