GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need new DVDs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/11/05 at 22:44
Regular
So suggest some good movies I can get. They don't have to be new releases either. I like comedies, not dumb comedy rubbish (like most romantic comedies), but things like The Big Lebowski, This Is Spinal Tap, Office Space etc. Also like action/adventure, thriller, fantasy (Spirited Away, LOTR etc.) and stuff like that.

Basically I'll give anything a try, except maybe musicals, which I don't really like apart from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Wed 09/11/05 at 02:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Oldboy.

Fantastic Korean revenge film. Not just violence for its own sake, either, it has a brilliant storyline.
Wed 09/11/05 at 02:32
Regular
"8==="
Brazil
Phone Booth
Black Hawk Down
Time Bandits
Wild Things
Wed 09/11/05 at 02:16
Regular
"8==="
The early Red Dwarf commentaries are genius, funny too.
Wed 09/11/05 at 00:49
Regular
Big Fish
Memento
Garden State
Napoloeon Dynamite
Batman Begins
Tue 08/11/05 at 23:02
Regular
"0228"
Whitestripes DS wrote:
> Good films, I almost never watch extras. Deleted scenes and extended
> versions yes, but I don't usually bother with the random crap they
> stick on these things.

I suck, I force myself to sit through every extra however bad they are. The Red Dwarf ones were the worst, there are model shots, and picture galleries and all sorts of other crap. The commentary was the worst. All they ever did was talk about their hair or something along the lines of, 'Nicely done there Bobby, fantastic delivery.' Basically spending the whole time complemeting each other rather than providing any interesting information.
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:55
Regular
JFH wrote:
> Get Airplane. It's funny AND cheap. What more can you ask for?

Hey that reminds me of Con Air, that's a cool film too.
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:54
Regular
Good films, I almost never watch extras. Deleted scenes and extended versions yes, but I don't usually bother with the random crap they stick on these things.

I think I'll get Shawshank, I'd never seen it until it was on TV a few months ago but it's definately something I could watch a few more times.
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:53
Regular
"0228"
Get Airplane. It's funny AND cheap. What more can you ask for?
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:51
Those three are really great.

Are you just looking for good films, or extras and other dvd stuff?

Some of my favourite films -
La Vita e Bella
Shawshank
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Tue 08/11/05 at 22:48
Regular
Got Reservoir Dogs. I'd like suggestions that people really think are great. I mean, I own a lot of DVDs, but there are say, 5 or 6 that I think are truly fantastic and would strongly recommend to anyone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.