GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"def jam fight for ny"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Def Jam: Fight for NY'.
Wed 29/09/04 at 15:18
Regular
"greeeeeeeeeeeeeat"
excellent game but completed it in 7 hours. and gta sa to come out on x box but not untill next crimbo!
Tue 05/10/04 at 00:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I started with wrestling, then trained in kickboxing and streetfighting. I ended up with a cool character. ;-) Shame its not playable on Live, cause I think it'd be really interesting to see other peoples characters that they've created.

Love fighting in the demolition match too - throwing opponents into the cars. ;-) I also chose a blaze move called "no foreplay" and to me, it contains the most violent lookinh head kick in any game. Anyone whose seen the move will know what I mean. ;-)

The only thing that I'd like to have changed is when it comes to the different match types. No matter what match you pick, its always possible to win by normal KOs. In matches like crowd voting and demolition, I would prefer no normal KOs. The votes take effect after like 5 minutes of fighting, but most matches are well over before then and the voting never needs to take place. I'd prefer the fighters to have infinite life for that match. Of course if they take lots of damage and get in the red, then they get worn down, but the fight should never finish until the time is up and the voting happens. Imagine the excellent fights you could have in that time, no doubt with plenty of moments with the fight swinging back and fourth in your favour.

As for the demolition match, I think it should end when either your, or your opponent's car is wrecked. Cause without this, all fight modes pretty much end up the same, just with an occasional bonus that makes it stand out.
Mon 04/10/04 at 22:27
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Yer, took me about 10 fights to get used to it.

Use the surrounding pillows and walls, ALOT.

I throw opponents around everywhere, like into the crowd or wall, or just push em out the way so i can grab a weapon.

I found it hard at first, on EASY!. But you will find a pattern.

I used wrestling, all the way through and only buying like 6 blazing moves, i used my points on training.
Mon 04/10/04 at 08:32
Regular
I'm finding this really hard for some reason. I get the enemy down to danger level, activate my 'rage' or whatever, then try and KO them - but instead of it all going to plan, the enemy becomes all superhuman and lays into me non-stop, not giving me a chance to react - killing me in no time at all. This is the first fight too.

God I need some practice. What's the best fighting style to start off with?
Sun 03/10/04 at 19:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Just a quick note to anyone who has the game. When you beat story mode, it'll say 100% complete, but go back in there with your character to add the points to your stats and compete in some more tournaments. Just in case anyone doesn't know about it. ;-)

Also handy to play exhibition matches to earn money on your character profiles and get any stuff from the shops that you didn't get round to picking up before. ;-)

Excellent game. Beaten story mode twice, so I have 2 different characters. ;-)) My friends have all grabbed the game too, so it'll be interesting to transfer my Redneck character to their hard drives and beat them s**tless once they have their characters built up. ;-)
Sun 03/10/04 at 17:23
Regular
"hulagadoo"
def jam never really got my attention until now.
Sun 03/10/04 at 16:58
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I completed it in 5 Hours 33.

Awesome Game.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:19
Regular
I'll hopefully get this soon. Looks awesome.
Sat 02/10/04 at 01:02
Regular
I think everyone would like to kick the crap out of Sean Paul, god knows I would.
Fri 01/10/04 at 23:37
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Electra's mine too :p

She had to beat my last girlfriend up to get me. hehe.

(you acually controlled her in the fight too, excellent stuff.)
Fri 01/10/04 at 23:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
When you play through the story mode, its with a created character. The normal characters are used in exhibition games and stuff. But what makes the story mode so good is that your character is constantly changing. Normally in these types of games (basically wrestling games), you create your character and in instances like RAW 2, you might have an in the ring look and an out of the ring look. But with the helps of the shops, you constantly spend money on clothes, hair cuts, jewelery and tattoos.

Another decent feature is that usually your created character only appears as some shadow portrait, but in this, you see a proper portrait of the character you've made and anything you might be wearing, like say a cap, will show up. :-)
And of course your character looks decent in cut scenes with the other characters too.

Excellent stuff. I think its this kind of customisation that makes the story mode worth going back to. Plus my current gf is Carmen Electra. Worth the money on its own. ;-p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.