GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitar question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/11/05 at 19:53
Regular
"lets go back"
I need to use an acoustic guitar in an upcoming gig so need one that can be plugged into an amp. I can possibly borrow one of someone, but I'd quite like to use my own. Is it possible to fit a mic or acoustic pickup inside a normal, non-electric acoustic guitar to convert it into an electro acoustic?

NB: Before anyone suggests that I can just use a mic and a boom stand, I do realise this, I'm just exploring options.
Mon 07/11/05 at 16:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
you can buy pickups that sit across the sound hole, you then plug them into the amp, simple as that :)

electro acoustics are snazzy. fact.

edit: crossbob, your friend knows nothing i`m afraid, mic and boom is not the best way at all. not unless you have a supremely good mic so you don`t lose quality, but i`d go with a pickup every time.
Mon 07/11/05 at 13:13
Regular
"lets go back"
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> My friend has a Acousitic that you plug into Amp I will ask him and
> get back to you.

Yeah, thats an electro acoutic. Mine is just an acoustic.

*thinks about explaining it*

Never mind, but thanks for trying.
Sun 06/11/05 at 22:55
Regular
"Catch it!"
Well heres what my friend said:

·$8·$,4·0 † the bird flu far away.. love u amy says:
yes it is
bt ones with built in ones r better
n using a mic n boom wud b best nyways
unless theres 1 built in
so basically wat theyre sayin on there.
Sun 06/11/05 at 22:50
Regular
"Catch it!"
My friend has a Acousitic that you plug into Amp I will ask him and get back to you.
Sun 06/11/05 at 22:44
"I love yo... lamp."
I've seen clip on pickups for acoustics. They are probably just attachable microphones, but they sounded good. Never used one myself so don't know how much it would cost.
Sun 06/11/05 at 22:25
Regular
"lets go back"
Thanks guys. I'll just go mic and boom. I'll just have to try not to move.
Sun 06/11/05 at 21:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mic & boom is the way to go, anything else requires muchos money & effort.
Sun 06/11/05 at 20:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Probably not, I think it's the steel in the strings that resonates the magnets in the pickup, not just general disturbances. Nylon-strung acoutics placed near a mic always sound nice (especially the sweet reverb effect), but then you have to stand on the spot all night.
Sun 06/11/05 at 19:53
Regular
"lets go back"
I need to use an acoustic guitar in an upcoming gig so need one that can be plugged into an amp. I can possibly borrow one of someone, but I'd quite like to use my own. Is it possible to fit a mic or acoustic pickup inside a normal, non-electric acoustic guitar to convert it into an electro acoustic?

NB: Before anyone suggests that I can just use a mic and a boom stand, I do realise this, I'm just exploring options.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.