GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have I grown up?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/11/05 at 10:32
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So yesterday, I had the first day at work where I felt like I knew what I was doing, and that I was doing it well. I wasn't blagging it, and I wasn't doing my best to avoid doing any actual work. And what's more, it was a good feeling.

Which instantly led me to think "Dear Christ; I've turned into my Dad...". I mean, I'm enjoying work. I'm enjoying the feeling that I'm helping staff develop their careers (and, as this is me, I'm enjoying the sense of power; megalomaniacal habits die hard...). I don't even miss the fact that I haven't spent 80% of my working day on the net.

On the other hand, I still have the same sense of humour, the same wants and desires out of life, and the same contempt for people who view their work as their whole life.

Anyone else feel like they've reached a catalyst in their life recently?
Thu 03/11/05 at 15:24
Regular
Light wrote:

> Anyone else feel like they've reached a catalyst in their life
> recently?

Proof positive that men do bloom later in life..
Thu 03/11/05 at 15:33
Regular
Since my court case I've become intensely hard working. I've accepted my community punishment and enjoy helping the poor farmer I'm helping.

In search of a new job I handed out 20 odd CV's and am right on top of my uni work, doing extra work to ensure the 2.1 I'm on course for. And am finally becoming the good boyfriend I haven't been for the past 6 months.

And I'm enjoying it. But I still like to think I've got a long way to go.
Thu 03/11/05 at 15:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
You have to keep that kid inside you (in a non pervy way) or you'll never have any fun. Some things I still do are very childish but I don't regret them as I enjoy it.
Thu 03/11/05 at 15:47
Regular
Buh, looking for work now.

Smedlos, what do you do?
Is it something you enjoy and feel motivated for, New-Light-sytle, or is the regular 9-5 not as bad as it's made out to be?

As a certain Mr Ali mentioned to me once, a man who sees the world the same way at 50 as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Maybe it's growing up, maybe it's just a continual development as a person.
Thu 03/11/05 at 15:50
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Chartered Accountant.

Yes sounds boring but the days fly by and no two are ever the same. Do the 9-5 Monday - Friday and it suits me fine.

I know a few people who work Saturdays and have a day in the week off and they say it breaks the week up for them but come Friday I know I've got all Friday night, Saturday and Sunday to do what I want which is what I prefer.
Thu 03/11/05 at 16:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Ms Thraves wrote:

> Proof positive that men do bloom later in life..

Equally, proof that some women are self-obsessed cockpigs with all the personal charm of a syphillitic nazi in a jewish rape-camp.
Thu 03/11/05 at 16:57
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Better than being an immature 30 year old Nathan Barley type.
Thu 03/11/05 at 17:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Better than being an immature 30 year old Nathan Barley type.

Jesus. I'd far rather be that than someone old before their time. It took my father a heart attack to rediscover his inner child. Well, a child that likes riding motorbikes at high speed....
Thu 03/11/05 at 17:18
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> Jesus. I'd far rather be that than someone old before their time.

Aye, snap. Hence the initial post. You know what I'm like; I'll think it through to the nth degree if I think I'm deviating from the principles I try to live my life by.

And I'll be hugely insulting as I do so.
Thu 03/11/05 at 17:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
*imagines Nathan Barley @ 50*

*shudders*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.