GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is just taking it too far"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/11/05 at 16:24
Regular
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4385048.stm[/URL]

What kind of crap idea is that?

What worries me even more though, is probably players of that game will pay to get into the 'virtual club' and spend the rest of their night making their character dance next to vaguely female looking characters while sipping on a dash of shandy.

Playing things like WoW yeah, but starting to turn it into an "alternative to real life"?

Please...
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:13
Regular
"respect my che"
Smedlos wrote:
> Virtual World where people use real cash? Hmmmmmmm........

Indeed. It's interesting that this chap isn't questioning spending £100,000 (or whatever) on a 'virtual' space station, in a non-game with only quarter of a million players. Even the best games these days usually only last for a maximum of 5 years. Something tells me his next big investment will be to get another 'real-cash-virtual-world' game in development.

It's ultimately pretty sad for the guy, I mean personally I'd be buying something very real, and very fast with that kind of money. I guess even the nicest car in world can't stop you from being a complete geek though, poor guy.
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
deadman600 wrote:
> yeah safe peeps wat u up too

ignoring you
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:23
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Virtual World where people use real cash? Hmmmmmmm........
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:22
Regular
"wat a rush"
yeah safe peeps wat u up too
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:15
Regular
"8==="
monkey_man wrote:
> It sounds quite interesting. Think, if enough people do it, they'll
> have an actual economy.

eCon? O my!
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It sounds quite interesting. Think, if enough people do it, they'll have an actual economy.

And the Swedish robo-lady in the promo said goodnight to me!

*tingles*
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:12
Regular
Only 2 hours 50 more til the download is done.
Then I'll probably have to do it on my home PC as well. I'm tempted not to bother, but I'm also very interested to see what it's about.
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This is the sort of thing where someone will have a nervous breakdown and end up being stuck in the game, like the holodeck on Star Trek.

Maybe it'll allow the computer to catch your soul, like the containment tank in Ghostbusters?
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Your Honour wrote:
> I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to spend about 4 hours
> downloading this, and then be asked for my credit card details
> straight away. In which case I'll have wasted 4 hours, cos I'm not
> going to pay anything out.

Hmm. "Project Entropia does the opposite! The client software is free to download over the Internet and there are no subscription fee associated whatsoever."

I might check this out. It certainly sounds interesting at least.
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:22
Regular
I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to spend about 4 hours downloading this, and then be asked for my credit card details straight away. In which case I'll have wasted 4 hours, cos I'm not going to pay anything out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.